Cyp passerinum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticshaun

Reaction score
Aghh, the bugs are horrible this year, hard to get a shot when your flailing around like madman. I'm trying to stand back and lean in a bit to stay away from the plants. Then I turn and run back to my truck.
Cyp passerinum
IMG_5009.jpg

Sub-arctic boreal habitat with millions of round leaf orchids
IMG_5017.jpg

I saw some small Ladys Tresses and I just heard that I'm invited out to see Calypso orchids which I didn't think grew here. It's a rain or shine orchid tour Sat.

Happy Birthday Canada (and USA on the 4th)

Shaun

Very cool! The Amerorchis look almost like what we saw at the Native Orchid Conference. Hard not to step on any. Most of the passerinums weren't blooming yet, and the largest clump was poached. Do you have any butterworts out there too?

Aghh, the bugs are horrible this year, hard to get a shot when your flailing around like madman. I'm trying to stand back and lean in a bit to stay away from the plants. Then I turn and run back to my truck.

Don't you hate that!

Nice, sweet flower, though.

Here's a few more shots (I wore a bug jacket this time)

IMG_5079-1.jpg

IMG_5071-1.jpg

Pinguicula vulgaris (I think). I grow a few Pings with my orchids but did'nt recognize these until Kevin asked.
IMG_5097-1.jpg

IMG_5100-1.jpg

Shaun

Yep, that's P. vulgaris. I wasn't sure if you had that one up there, or if you had P. villosa - perhaps you have both? Thanks for the photos.