Cyp. Kentucky Pink Blush

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlefrog

Hop-meister
Reaction score
Other than what was written on the bag when I bought it, I know nothing about this hybrid. I'm not even sure it is a good name. Two big flowers on a fairly short plant though. I like it.

Kentucky_Pink_Blush.jpg

Started it indoors, yes. Keep them in the unheated part of my growing area all winter, but our weather has been weird and some started to break dormancy early so I pulled them all the way inside when we went from super warm to ultra cold.

Beautiful flower. I agree it looks like Pluto (fasciolatum x franchetii). I can't see any kentuckiense in that flower - the lip is wrong and the petals are too flat. These "Kentucky Pink", "Kentucky Pink Blush", and others are trade names in Europe - I'm not even sure if they are registered with RHS.

Beautiful flower. I agree it looks like Pluto (fasciolatum x franchetii). I can't see any kentuckiense in that flower - the lip is wrong and the petals are too flat. These "Kentucky Pink", "Kentucky Pink Blush", and others are trade names in Europe - I'm not even sure if they are registered with RHS.

Yes, I think it is a trade name too. I like it anyway. I have a Sabine (just got one awarded in February, actually), but it doesn't look much like this one. Could be the same cross, I suppose, but they look pretty different to me. Agree there is no kentuckiense in it! If it is in there it is buried pretty deep!:)

Frosh was selling Pluto at one point too, I think, so that lends credence to the possibility that this is a clone of Pluto. Suppose we will never know.

Latest posts

Back