Cyp fasciolatum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I received several Cyp fasciolatum last fall. They are growing very nicely this spring. This promises to be a good species in the Northeast. Here is the last - and best - flower among them this year.

Cypfasciolatum6May2007B.jpg

Ron

fundulopanchax said:
They're pretty short; you may not be able to see them with the big pubescens towering over them! :rollhappy:
LOL! I know where there are scallop beds and wild orchids growing in the Bronx but I don't think the Cyps, even the short ones, would last long in NYC.

Hi, I rec'd the [1st year] Cyp seedlings and I'm not sure of the media and depth to plant them in. For the reginae I plan to use peat moss, man-made and natural soil mix, and if I can find small gravel. If gravel is not available then primeagra. Is that suitable for the Favillianum? Also since they're small should I plant shady or sunny? I will check the e-page you prev provided also. Thanx.

After checking some web-info I've decided to modify the mix: Sand, perlite, little peat moss, little sphagnum, small gravel, natural and manmade soil.

NYEric said:
After checking some web-info I've decided to modify the mix: Sand, perlite, little peat moss, little sphagnum, small gravel, natural and manmade soil.

Hi, Eric,

Great! It is good to keep the peat fairly minimal unless you have really dry conditions.

Ron

Latest posts

Back