Cymbidium tracyanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
California has the perfect weather to grow Cymbidiums in general. Cymbidiums in general have specific requirements. They love outdoor hates indoor so one of the key is that they must be grown outdoor as much as possible as long as the temp is above freezing and there is no frost. It is not possible/very hard to acheive these conditions in Canada, that's why you rarely see Cymbidiums (hybrid and species) in any Canadian shows and and in people's collection.

This is the nicest-colored form I’ve seen. I really like this species. My Aunt has had one for over 50 years and it’s insanely big; I repotted it 3 years ago for her after probably no repot for 15 years and it has refused to bloom since; it blooms in spring in the Midwest. Wenqing Perner has one even larger and if I remember correctly, the flower count topped 800.

I saw the Perner's plant back in 2013 in June. No flowers of course, but a large, happy plant. I also saw a pretty good sized one in Tokyo back in 2010. See attached pics.

Attachments

• CT.jpg
    CT.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 16
  • CTT.jpg
    CTT.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 16
Gorgeous tracey, Werner!

Btw. the plant I posted here as Cym. tracey earlier on, I since found out, wasn't exactly that, but Cym. erythraeum, which with aboundantly clarity is demonstrated, when compared to the gorgeous traceys shown in this thread:20211207_215823.jpg20211207_215923.jpg

different flower stalk and size, similar color pattern

I have never seen as real plant, thanks for posting

is the flower really 8cm wide ?

Back