Cymbidium Kiwi Midnight 'Geyserland', FCC/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigleaf

Reaction score
This just opened yesterday. I like its dark color.
Cym_Kiwi_Midnight_Geyserland_FCC_AOS.JPG

Wow! That is dark! :clap:

Is it fully open? If not, please post another photo. Thanks!

This is already a well known hybrid with many smaller and warmer growing species in the background. How big is the plant and the flowers and will the flowers of this one lighten up a little toward red as they grow older?

Per AQ Plus, when this cultivar was awarded in 2002, flower size is 6.2 cm NS, 5.1 cm NSV

"Twenty-two intensely black-burgundy, beautifully arranged flowers on one pendent inflorescence plus another developing inflorescence; all segments intense black-burgundy with subtle contrasting light pink line on edge; lip ivory with burgundy blush and glossy black midlobe, callus yellow with burgundy spots; column black-burgundy with ivory along length, anther cap cream colored with fine burgundy suffusion; substance extremely firm; texture satin. "

Super color-that is the darkest cym I've seen! Thanks for showing us this cool blooming!

That has exceptional colour, looks a bit cuppy so it might not be open all the way yet. I can't believe the colour, really beautiful.

Oops just saw the updated photo, that's more like it........nice one. I would love to have one of those, hopefully they become available in this country.

Latest posts

Back