Cymbidium goeringii "Haruka" 日本春蘭「春華」-plucking flower buds.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jokerpass

Reaction score
This C. goeringii variety is very floriforous, produced 4 flowers April 2021 and 4 flowers April 2020. This year, produced 3 flower buds. To save energy, as recommended by my Japanese Cymbidium vendor, I decided to pluck all 3 flower buds, so there will be more new vigorous new growths next year. Last picture is the flower picture. Because I decided not to flower them this season, I did not shade the buds, so the buds are green (supposed to be white when you shade the buds) and the flower sheath has a tough texture (flower sheath has a soft texture when you shade). All other orange flower varieites have flower buds again this year and the buds are shaded since mid August.

Attachments

• InkedC. goeringii Haruka with buds fall 2021_ink.jpg
    InkedC. goeringii Haruka with buds fall 2021_ink.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 2
  • InkedC. goeringii haruka fall 2021, buds plucked_ink.jpg
    InkedC. goeringii haruka fall 2021, buds plucked_ink.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Cymbidium goeringii Haruka-2021-2.jpg
    Cymbidium goeringii Haruka-2021-2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 3
  • C. goeringii haruka fall 2021, buds.jpg
    C. goeringii haruka fall 2021, buds.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 2
yes, bloomed 4 flowers 2 years in a row. Cannot bloom it forever. C. goeringii are delicate, this is a routine procedure done at the end of the summer/early fall. I had to do this to 2 of the plants this year. The other ones with buds are fine.

Latest posts

Back