Cymbidium goeringii "Fuji no Yuubae" 日本春蘭「富士の夕映え」 (Japanese variety)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful 😍 coloration!
Thank you。Requires a lot of work to get the right colour. Without the right techniques, the colour will be off.

Also needs to make sure to have a solid orange coloured petals (i.e. no residual green colouration on the petals).

Last edited:
Incredible colour!

What do you mean when you say that il requires a lot of work to get the right colour and that without the right techniques, the colour would be off?

What do you do to obtain such a brillant colour?

Incredible colour!

What do you mean when you say that il requires a lot of work to get the right colour and that without the right techniques, the colour would be off?

What do you do to obtain such a brillant colour?
The flower bud is covered/capped inside an aluminium foil from early/mid fall all the way until it blooms in the spring. If you don't cap the flower buds, the flower becomes very muddy and will have a short stem. I attached a picture below as an example. I did an experiment on one of my C. goeringii 3 years ago. There are 4 flowers, the short muddy browish flower with a short stem in the front is not covered. The 3 flowers with vibrant orange flowers with tall stems are covered.

Depending on the flower colour, you take off the foil at different time during the flower bud development (for example, green flower C. goeringii, no covering; red and purple flowers, you remove the capping around mid January. If you remove too early, the flower colour will be muddy and if you remove it too late, the flower colour will be washed out/pale ). So you have to know what you are doing to get the colours right.

1645278829287.jpeg

Back