• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Cymbidium ensifolium alba seed pod

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcb

Reaction score
I have a seed pod on my Cym. ensifolium alba that is starting to get pretty fat. This happened naturally, so I cannot guarantee it is a selfing, but I can say I had no other Cymbidiums, or anything related to Cymbidium blooming at the time, so it's a good chance it's a selfing.

I don't know if the seeds will be viable or not, but if someone wants this when it is ready, please pm me. US only please, sorry, but I don't want to deal with international shipping.

Here's a picture of the flowers.

Chinese Cyms germinate easily but differentiation is a pain. I have sinense and lianpan in flask which are still just growing rhyzome-like protocorms. Not a growth in sight... Western Orchids has a medium specially made up for these to enhance differentiation but there may be a season trigger also needed. Good luck with whoever takes the pod.

Back