Cym Gentle Touch 'Bon Bon'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bolero

Typical Cym, this one has become a classic and most people seem to have one. I love the greens and this one flowers every year, right now with 4 spikes........

DSCF0905.jpg

DSCF0902.jpg

DSCF0901.jpg

DSCF0909.jpg

Minimum temps have been down to around 35F at night (yes we do get cold here sometimes) and the days are in the 50's.

Generally the nights are around 40 to 45F

P.S. Southern parts of Australia are amongst the best environments in the world to grow cymbidiums outside all year round. We have a very strong cymbidium community here and in my opinion (and maybe only mine) we probably grow the hybrids better than anyone.

Well there you go, that's cooler than I thought. People here apparently put there cymbidiums outside for summer and bring them in before frost hits in September. I've been thinking about doing that myself. Our nights can be as cool as 8 or 9 C during the summer, but that sounds okay I think.

Thanks for the info.

Well there you go, that's cooler than I thought. People here apparently put there cymbidiums outside for summer and bring them in before frost hits in September. I've been thinking about doing that myself. Our nights can be as cool as 8 or 9 C during the summer, but that sounds okay I think.

Thanks for the info.

They can tolerate a light frost or two, but not freezes -- at least, that's my understanding.

I would avoid frost if you can. I have lost bulbs when the frost hit one directly. But generally they can take down to freezing with some protection. I grow mine anywhere between 0C and 45C depending on the time of year. They are pretty resilient.

The further south your go in Australia the colder it gets in winter.

Latest posts

Back