Cycnodes Wine Delight 'JEM' Fcc/Aos

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e-spice

Reaction score
First I know the photo is not very good. It's hard to take a good one of this plant! It is by far my largest plant. I've had it about five years now and it blooms at least three times before going dormant in February and will stay asleep until May or June. This is the second blooming this year. The flowers have an unusual spicy smell that can fill the house.

There are 31 flowers here and that's one of its best bloomings.

e-spice

IMG00167aaa.jpg

If that's the best perspective for the picture - I'll gladly take it! and the fragrance too!

Beautyful. Makes me wonder why I gave away all my cynoches. At least mine went to a good home.

Beautyful. Makes me wonder why I gave away all my cynoches. At least mine went to a good home.
....because they looked like cornstalks!? I don't mean to rub salt in the wound, the one in bud is coming along nicely, I hope the flowers open before the leaves fall off, they are yellowing pretty steadily!

Very nice!
Last year mine also had two spikes. My wine elight seems to grow higher each year, so this year the roots had to go two inches before they hit the media. I was wondering if anyone else had this type of growth with Cycnodes type hybrids or species. I am growing mine in ProMix which I change every year when new growth just starts. What is yours growing in? It looks like semi-hydro culture.

Latest posts

Back