Cycnoches Richard Brandon

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darlene these are very pretty flowers and if the byrids aren't propagated as meristems .... you alway will find differences between individuals. So don't worry....be happy with it.

Last edited:
Darlene these are very pretty flowers and if hy byrids aren't propagated as meristems .... you alway will find differences between individuals. So don't worry....be happy with it.
I like the individual differences. That's why I don't have many, if any, meristem produced orchids. I like the idea of getting something different. Even if I am so-so about what I get 😁.

Is this from the original breeding? I wasn't interested in the cross initially and did not get any seedlings. only to regret after seeing some of the amazing flowers out of this cross.
Fred made sib cross and I got one (Richard Brandon x Richard Brandon) last year. It bloomed last fall and again in bloom this fall.
Mine look very similar to yours, yellow with strong brown hue. Buttercrotch, should I call it? :)
I like how white the staminode shield is on yours. Mine is spotted brownish.
The fragrance is amazing!!

Latest posts

Back