cycnoches Jean E. Monnier

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I finally have a cycnoches in flower! I've tried a few species seedlings which haven't done much but this hybrid grew like crazy after I bought it last fall. This plant is a primary hybrid between barthiorum and cooperi. I really like cycnoches but it looks like some of them can get pretty big. The flower has a wild mix of colors

cycjeanmonnie.JPG

the flower is about 4-1/2" tall which is pretty big considering that the plant is about 10" or so. hope the flower lasts a while

I don't know, but I love it and no matter how long they last, the flowers are fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally have a cycnoches in flower! I've tried a few species seedlings which haven't done much but this hybrid grew like crazy after I bought it last fall. This plant is a primary hybrid between barthiorum and cooperi. I really like cycnoches but it looks like some of them can get pretty big. The flower has a wild mix of colors

cycjeanmonnie.JPG

the flower is about 4-1/2" tall which is pretty big considering that the plant is about 10" or so. hope the flower lasts a while

Last spring GNYOS show at Rockefeller center , I bought a dendrobium nobile named Lai pearl's Queen out of impulse (You all know how it is when you are in the environment of an orchid show, you can not think straight anymore, swear to Gods, I was not going to buy any more dendrobium, in fact I gave most of them away)
Then, Mr. Boscha Popow asked me"Hien, why do you buy that one?"
-so, I said to him that I've never seen a nobile flower that big before.:drool:
-Mr Popow laughed & laughed and said to me that it is the only flower allowed to bloom on the whole plant. Wait until next bloom when it has many flowers, I will have a whole bunch of flowers with 1/2 the size.:eek:

Latest posts

Back