Cycnoches cooperi

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon in SW Ohio

Reefer, the legal kind
Reaction score
Another plant that should finish blooming right before our local Mid America:mad:

This is the first blooming with two spikes, and I didn't realize how scented these were! It smells just like Tuberolabium kotoense which is one of my favorite orchid fragrances since it reminds me of a toy or candy from my childhood that I've never been able to place.

IMG_4568.jpg

IMG_4572.jpg

IMG_4573.jpg

IMG_4574.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous and wonderfully grown!!! That is my favorite species in the catasetum group and that one is a winner for sure. Amazing!!!

Where did it come from if you don't mind me asking?

e-spice

Mine has a scent that reminds me a little of cotton candy. It is radically different from any other cycnoches species I've smelled.

e-spice

I'll check the tag when I get home to see where it came from since I'm pretty sure it still has the original tag.

Now I just need to invest in the 100mm macro lens for my camera ;)

Very nice. I got mine from OW years ago. I don't think I've gotten 2 spikes at once from it, though. Good job.

LOL Heather...

You know those Tshirts that say "My parents went to Loch Ness and all I got was this shirt". It's the geological equivalent of that :)

Latest posts

Back