Cyber Week Sale!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just a note to let you know we've reduced the prices of all Paphs. and Phrags. listed on the www.foxvalleyorchids.com website by 20% for all orders received during Cyber Week. (Monday, November 28 through Sunday, December 4, 2016). Thank you so much for your continued support of our small slipper orchid business!

TomK

Last edited:
Thank you Tom, for the top notch plants and the no bullshit approach to quality, packaging and business all around. I wouldn't even own a slipper if it weren't for you. 300 plus purchases later, you are still my favorite vendor. Personality and plants!!

I told my wife not to get me anything for my birthday.
Just took care of it myself.
Three hybrids. Yippee

Thank you Tom, for the top notch plants and the no bullshit approach to quality, packaging and business all around. I wouldn't even own a slipper if it weren't for you. 300 plus purchases later, you are still my favorite vendor. Personality and plants!!

Thanks, Chad - we've made many friends over the years in this business and you are one of the best. Hope things are going well for you out there in God's country......

Hope things are going well for you out there in God's country......
Karma comes in all kinds of forms and after 20 years of struggles, I couldn't be happier with the results of each day, whether painful or joyful. Persistence has paid off and I have always admired the way you grabbed onto the 'business', made it what you have, and made life more enjoyable as a result. Not an easy measure by any means. Much respect due.

I'm hoping the best for the box from Tom.
I chose US Post Office for delivery. Bad move on my part.
Today I have to go and chew out postmaster.
South Amboy post office has gone from damaging my goods, to stealing them.

The envelope took extra long to get to my mailbox.
The envelope was open. And the gift was missing.
Next couple of days should be fun :evil:

Thanks Tom.
My problem was going to the local postmaster in the past.
1-800-275-8777 is where complaints are filed.
First time I got a case number......

I'm hoping the best for the box from Tom.
I chose US Post Office for delivery. Bad move on my part.
Today I have to go and chew out postmaster.
South Amboy post office has gone from damaging my goods, to stealing them.

The envelope took extra long to get to my mailbox.
The envelope was open. And the gift was missing.
Next couple of days should be fun :evil:
it may not be the post office personel who did it .
Last year, I had a lot of orchid orders , sometimes 2 ,3 boxes within one week, everything is fine .
Until one day near Christmas, there were 3 boxes, I came home and found the largest box with 90 degree large tear at the bottom with packing stuff partially pull out , lucky for me the seller put so much shredded paper in it that the thief was discouraged to hang around at the front porch and messing with the boxes .
Someone told me that near Christmas , thieves driving down from New York , and stealing boxes put at front doors in New Jersey suburbs (specially the Amboys area , which is closer to New York city)
After that , I ask sellers to put a lot of tapes around the box (so it is harder to tear it open by hand) and write large live plants labels ( so the thieves leave it alone) what makes me really mad is the orchids can survive the cold if the box is intact , but when the thieves make a hole or a tear , the cold temperature can get in and kill the plants

Last edited:
My box arrived in perfect condition.
Right side up, and on the porch.

Thanks Tom for the birthday gift!

Someone told me that near Christmas , thieves driving down from New York , and stealing boxes put at front doors in New Jersey suburbs (specially the Amboys area , which is closer to New York city)

I have heard same story.
But folks say Newark, instead of New York.

Someone opened an envelope, took the gift, left the card, and the envelope got delivered with the flap open into my mailbox.
That takes a lot of balls.

I have heard same story.
But folks say Newark, instead of New York.

Someone opened an envelope, took the gift, left the card, and the envelope got delivered with the flap open into my mailbox.
That takes a lot of balls.

You maybe right about where the cruisers came from , it is so sad, I would attribute the situation to the slow economy and big unemployment rate that drive peoples to such desperate measure (it has never been like this in the States before)
Peoples from other countries always and still say nice thing about the US such as we are so honest that boxes are left at front porches and nobody touch them .

Last edited:
Thanks to all of you who ordered this week! As far as I can tell, all boxes arrived safely. For those of you who still may be considering taking advantage of our Cyber Week sale, our next shipping day is Monday, December 5.

Latest posts

Back