Current photo of Mexipedium

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking, healthy plant! (I'm assuming that the bright yellow is the photography, not the actual colour of the leaves.) I look forward to photos of the blooms.

My Mexi that I bought in Feb. 2008 and which struggled for so long, is finally happy and multiplying. 'Hoping for a spike soon!

Yeah, not that yellow John M. When I saw the pic this morning I was like, hm, I bet someone will mention the color. ;)

Linus - I follow Marilyn Ledoux's culture recommendations. I have pretty hard water so I no longer do oyster shell very often but it's one of the few orchids that I own that doesn't mind the higher calcium in our tap water (my Neos are the others.) Water copiously in the summer, maybe once a week in the winter. Small bark mix. Bonsai pot. Plenty of light from South/East direction. It's usually outside unless in spike or under 50° at night. Mostly I ignore it (though it is kind of my favorite so it gets slightly more attention than the others.)

This one has been slower than my last one to get going, last time it only had one spike when it bloomed, but seems to be on a roll now.

Back