CT newbie

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadeywood

Reaction score
My name is Donna. I am a beginner w paphs. I have 3. Only one is healthy. I have some experience w phals. Friends have given black tea soaking advice on the paphs. Im unsure about this.

My friend uses a black tea soak for her paph roots for the tannins and when they look dehydtated. Like i said, i dont know anything about slippers yet. My two slippers have leaves fall off and just keep getting smaller and smaller. Im not even sure what the roots SHOULD look like, so i tried the black tea and they dont look much better yet. I will repot them and wait. Theyre in the house, air circulation in a dappled light situation. There are water trays for moisture. Other than this, im lost.

The pots aren't sitting in the water, are they? What's your potting medium?
No they are not in the water just a little under rocks for moisture in the air. I will pot them in a bark mix. I have some store bought and some Bonsai Jack mix.

Hello Donna, welcome to the forum. Do they have similar growing conditions?
No they are not in the water just a little under rocks for moisture in the air. I will pot them in a bark mix. I have some store bought and some Bonsai Jack mix.
And thank you for the welcome. Glad to be here among such experts, as I am such a novice.
They have similar growing conditions. Ive read the paphs like a bit less light than the phalenopsis. Im trying to send pics of names.

And thank you for the welcome. Glad to be here among such experts, as I am such a novice.
They have similar growing conditions. Ive read the paphs like a bit less light than the phalenopsis. Im trying to send pics of names.

Hi there. Chiming in. This plant looks dehydrated and as though something tiny has been chewing and sucking it even drier. Spider mite? I would definitely step up the watering but you want to use a very pure water, with exact amounts of dilute fertilizer. A few treatments with a seaweed stimulant like KelPak can work wonders. Never heard of the tea thing but it provably can’t hurt.

Is this fertilizer appropriate? And what do i do about a spider mite? Should i also put in a north window until rcovered or leave in south w dappled situation? Kelpak sounds interesting maybe i try this too. Next pic coming 77FEB89B-FDDB-4761-9E25-9465342DCE9F.jpeg

This is the other paph. Ive been told that its burned from sun and to shade it. Same advice on the pure water (does that mean ph of 5.5 or rainwater?) fertilizer, kelpak?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back