Crown rot on Sanderianum -Help!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wamboozi

Reaction score
I just noticed one of my sandy plants has a black/brown spot on the new crown leaf on one side. How can I stop this if I caught early enough? Cinnamon? Physan? Thinking of pulling out of its bark mix and putting into new mix as it looks like the bark at bottom of mix may be old and staying wet too long.
I really don’t want to lose this plant!!! Help!!

I have really good success rate by soaking whole plant in physan for 20 mins and then repotting

I had heard this. However, I haven't had this experience.
The first few times I used Physan was on a couple of seedlings that were close to being lost through rot so had nothing to lose.
They rebounded well each time. This has been the case each time that I have used it since.
Physan can damage plants, be careful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just used cinnamon and dragons blood on a plant that has crown rot on two growths, and I removed the affected leaf part. Thought it was probably a goner but it seems to have done the trick for now, and it’s dried up the affected area. It’s now been two weeks and no new sign of rot. It’s also getting extra air circulation as suggested above. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back