Crosses with tigrinum and volonteanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reivilos

Reaction score
Hi,
After one nearly one year in bud, my tigrinum is eventually about to flower. I've got a volonteanum that's in spike too. Which good-looking primary hybrids would you recommend?
Thanks
Olivier

Definitely let us know when others might be available, Tom.

I have a Paph Al Rutel (parishii x tigrinum) that frustrates the hell out of me. Three times now it has spiked, only to have the emerging spike get trapped, bent, and broken.The first time was my fault, trying to free it. The second time I tried to "let nature take its course", and this time I just missed it happening, with the same result.

Um, if that's what you have in bloom is there any choice? :confused:

At the moment: Bellatulum, barbatum, callosum, lawrenceanum, delenatii vinicolor, pinocchio, thaianum, rothxanitum. That's all. But I can freeze pollen for later use.

At the moment: Bellatulum, barbatum, callosum, lawrenceanum, delenatii vinicolor, pinocchio, thaianum, rothxanitum.
Oh! In that case yes delenatii vini would be cool. Just do what I do, go to Slipperorchidinfo.com, color print the 2 species, hold the photos up in each hand and cross your eyes until the merge! :crazy:

If you need pollen, have some here in flwoer at the moment.
Armeniacum should open again in a few days, niveum is short beofre open and some more are comming.

I have yet to see a well-shaped tigrinum hybrid. On slipperorchids.info is a pic of the hybrid with niveum which has interesting colour. Or, make a miniature version of it with thaianum.

Niveum sounds great I have one just before opening when you need pollen tell me.

Latest posts

Back