Crossed one off the wishlist today

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adiaphane

Reaction score
Today, on a whim, I went to go look at orchids at the San Francisco flower mart. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw several blooming rothschildianums. There were some with four flowers on a spike, but I chose this one based on flower size, a second growth that's almost as large as the flowering one, and thick, healthy roots. I asked the seller for the price and he just shrugged his shoulders and said $45. Really?! I would have bought another one, but these are huge plants and space is limited. I'm hoping for more flower count on the next bloom.

This is 'Mighty' x 'Red Baron'. The camera picked up more red, but it's a beautiful dark mahogany.

Glad you like it. That is from us. We sell wholesale to Flowers By Grace at the flower market, where I presume you purchased it. We bloomed about 300 of these this year.
JC

Unfortunately, the lateral petal on the top flower broke during the transport home. It doesn't really fit inside my mini.

Here are some more photos.

Latest posts

Back