• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Countertop reverse osmosis system

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abax

In Remembrance 2023
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been shopping these systems and am a tad confused about
specifications, cost and brand. I really don't know what I'm
looking for to add to my greenhouse. Any advice appreciated.

Angela, the first question is how much water do you use per watering? For a couple dozen plants, most counter-top systems are OK, but for a larger collection, a regular residential or growers system is a better choice.

One way to do assess your water demand is to use your watering hose and time how long it takes to fill a 5-gallon bucket. Estimate the total time and calculate the total gallons. That will help determine the system and probably more importantly, the needed RO water storage capacity.

I've been using RO systems for over 30 years, and have been building and selling them for 25. Rather than a huge thread covering this, how about just giving me a call and we can discuss it. Check your PM.

Angela,

We purchased one of Ray's 100 gal/day systems a few years ago, and it's been working like a charm. You'll have to replace the filters every 6 months and the membrane less frequently but all in all it's maintenance free. You'll have to have a storage container to store the effluent (we use an old 55 gal polypropylene drum) and a small submersible pump that connects to a standard watering hose to do the actual irrigation. It has been pretty much a fool-proof system for us and we can recommend it to anyone interested in improving their water quality.

Back