Contemporary landscapes...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetmorrisart

Reaction score
I know these aren't slippers, but someone might be interested--just a bit of what I've been up to aside from growing etc. Please PM me or email me through my website, a link to which is in my signature.

Robin Street-Morris. Rainier Dawn.
2009. Watercolor and pastel on 300Ib hot press paper. 11" x 16" (27.94 x 40.64cm).

Rainier%20Dawn.jpg

Robin Street-Morris. Seiwa-en III. 2009.
Watercolor and pastel on 300Ib hot press paper. 9" x 17" (22.86 x 43.18cm).

seiwa-en%20III.jpg

Robin Street-Morris. Hesperus. 2009.
Watercolor and pastel on 300Ib hot press paper. 8" x 11" (20.32 x 27.94cm).

hesperus.jpg

Robin Street-Morris. Hitodama I. 2009.
Watercolor and pastel on 300Ib hot press paper. 8" x 14" (20.32 x 35.56cm).

hitodama%20I.jpg

Robin Street-Morris. Līmen. 2009.
Watercolor and pastel on 300Ib hot press paper. 8" x 13" (20.32 x 33.02cm).

limen.jpg

Robin Street-Morris. East Bay. 2009.
Watercolor and pastel on 300Ib hot press paper. 11" x 14" (27.94 x 35.56cm).

east%20bay.jpg

The first one looks like a photo!!!

The others are a little spooky, but very nice representations of evening / night "events"...hehe!!

I really like your style! Rainier Dawn in particular captures a mood that's hard for me to describe. I get it when I stumble across one of those special times and places in nature, like a full moon rise over Lake Superior, or the time I "discovered" a tiny spring gushing out of a hillside on the Root River in the fall with everything glowing a bright golden color......It's a mixture of awe and excitement, tinged with a little melancholy and reflection. Whatever that feeling is, you brought it out in your painting.

The first one looks like a photo!!!

The others are a little spooky, but very nice representations of evening / night "events"...hehe!!

I can't say that making my work look like photos has been a goal of mine since high school, but I understand you meant this as a compliment. I have a lot of respect for fine art photography and so I look to do something different with my paintings.

Yes, I suppose the others are a bit spooky...I'm very drawn to twilight and all that it evokes. Oh, East Bay just shows a very dark, rainy afternoon--it tends to make water on the shallow side look very turquoise. I was driving into Traverse City to visit a friend (lindafrog here of Frog Pond Phrags, actually) and this is what I saw...turned into stronger imagery of course.

I really like your style! Rainier Dawn in particular captures a mood that's hard for me to describe. I get it when I stumble across one of those special times and places in nature, like a full moon rise over Lake Superior, or the time I "discovered" a tiny spring gushing out of a hillside on the Root River in the fall with everything glowing a bright golden color......It's a mixture of awe and excitement, tinged with a little melancholy and reflection. Whatever that feeling is, you brought it out in your painting.

I've clearly done my job well then! I looked past the mountain at first, it was so cloaked in morning light. I was up early to go on a whale watching trip and this view totally took me by surprise. I can't wait to do something with Fuji someday--another very iconic peak. I'm pretty sure Ando Hiroshige already covered it though; I doubt I'll have anything new to "say" about it myself.

Latest posts

Back