Congratulations Contest Winners!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TADD said:
I sent this on Friday from my Yahoo
Hey Dude! Thanks for running a contest, I have had fun over the last week or so looking at all the old photos I have missed on the forum. Thanks for such a great resource.

1. - Paph moquettianum 'Queen of Peace' - Greenpaph
2. - Phrag wallissii - Jon in SW Ohio
3. - Paph druryi 'Truford' - Kentuckiense
4. - Neofinetia falcata 'Ogonmaru'- Jon in SW Ohio
5. - Phrag Beverly Fischer - Heather
6. - Cyp parviflorum v. pubescens - Kentuckiense
7. - Phrag besseae "Tandy" - JohnM
8. - Paph tigrinum - Wendy
9. - Paph spicerianum - cdub
10. Paph primulinum - Slipper Fan

So I hope they are correct, it was fun!
Peace,
Tadd
Our answers are exactly the same. And I've answered the same day with you too. :clap:

I know, I know... Jeez you guys love research! But I did, however, decide to guess by using the force :fight: and not research any of the pictures.... the big stumper for me was wallisii because it has a very similar white pouch to klotzscheanum. It was a fun contest and you guys did a good job.

omg, I won the lurker prize !!!! :clap:

and it took a PM from Heather for me to notice :p (did anyone else not notice the second post on this thread? please say yes....)

Ya know, I haven't won anything in something like 20 years? And I've NEVER won any orchids.

ok, so.... since I saw the PM I can't seem to stop thinking about slippers :smitten: Is there some kind of antidote to this? I mean, it's at the point that I'm thinking about the Paph Forum ... which is what, 4 months away...? :rollhappy:

Jason Fischer said:
I know, I know... Jeez you guys love research! But I did, however, decide to guess by using the force :fight: and not research any of the pictures.... the big stumper for me was wallisii because it has a very similar white pouch to klotzscheanum. It was a fun contest and you guys did a good job.

Yeah, I was surprised you didn't get that one! :poke: I think Marilyn LeDoux refers to that pouch as "toilet bowl white".

Re: the contests, well, they are fun, and bring people together, and I really am enjoying getting to know some of our de-lurked members. I think we learned a few things too about running contests. i.e. know your taxonomy. ;)

MoreWater[/QUOTE said:
Ya know, I haven't won anything in something like 20 years? And I've NEVER won any orchids.

:D
Congratulations!! It is always nice to make someone's day.
So, now, to decide...

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

WOW! I actually won something! :rollhappy: I never win anything! What a great way to start the day! I know I didn't get all 10 answers correct.
Guess I got lucky for once.

Great contest, too. I had fun trying to answer the questions!

That was fun. I think I got 8 of 10. On my screen I couldn't even discern the flower on 4, and I picked a species for #5

I knew it was rigged. :mad: Next time I'm gonna be more specific and detailed and you're gonna have a super long contest entrant email. :poke: lol

woohoo! I have some new slippers, courtesy of Slippertalk! :clap:

I hope to have some photos to post soon-ish.

Mucho thanks to you for this contest. I will do my best to be a good contributing active member, although in my case that means hitting you up for advice. :p

Latest posts

Back