conco-bellatulum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul

Reaction score
Bloomed last december:

concobel2id5.jpg

concobelzoomzn8.jpg

that's possible, I don't know... flowers are almost black and white, only some red colorations appear under a strong light (photo taken under MH light)

I think NYEric was asking, is it the man made Conco-bellatulum or is it the natural hybrid x wenshanense (which some of us think is really a valid species that is not of hybrid origin)

I think currently any natural hybrid collected from the wild are called x wenshanense and any crosses made in the lab. are called Conco-bellatulum. However, if some one try to self any plants from wild origin will remain wenshanense. The shape usually look the same as bellatulum, but the color range from white to pale yellow. I had seen good clones of conco-bellatulum and they have yellow color as deep as concolor.

well, it may be conco-bellatulum x self or conco-bellatulum x bellatulum... don't know exactly!:confused:
But that doesn't matter, I really love it!:)

Leo Schordje said:
I think NYEric was asking, is it the man made Conco-bellatulum or is it the natural hybrid x wenshanense (which some of us think is really a valid species that is not of hybrid origin)
Thank you. That is exactly my thinking. :)

It looks like a wenshanense to me. In fact, I agree that wenshanense is a seperate species as I've never seen a man-made conco-bellatulum that looks anything like a wenshanense. The only way I think wenshanense could be a natural hybrid is from thousands of years or more of evolution (sibs between the x wenshanense).

Come to think of it.. wenshanese seems to come in a white or yellow-ish white background with similar spotting on a flat finish. Your plant looks to be a little more waxy to me, so perhaps it is a conco-bellatulum or similar hybrid.

Back