Compact Multi

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
Cascade Creek x gardineri.

Cascade Creek is adductum x PEOY.

It first flowered in 2016. Took two years to flower again.
Good news is there already is an actively growing new growth this time around.

bKGeIVol.jpg

Do you have a problem with hybrids? :poke:

I was a hardcore self declared speciesist....well, actually, over time I have had to soften up a bit on my views, as I have seen quite a few nice ones on this site recently...and also have learnt to acknowledge the effort and creativity put into good hybridization.

And even though, I still personally can feel some revulsion, when seeing way to different species being paired in hybridization ('heinous acts against nature': e.g. subgenus parvisepalum x section coryopedilum), I maybe should start to declare myself a speciesist only in respect to delineating the boundaries of my own collection, although allowing for naturally occuring hybrids (and even a couple of St. Swithins and a very nice gift from another ST-member, that succeed to sneak in :D)?!

Kind regards,
Jens

And even though, I still personally can feel some revulsion, when seeing way to different species being paired in hybridization ('heinous acts against nature': e.g. subgenus parvisepalum x section coryopedilum), ........

I agree wholeheartedly. At least in my eyes, on the one hand sometimes breeders cross what's in flower in this moment. As an outsider you can't see any plan in this cross and the majority of the progenies don't show any improvement in comparison to their parents. Though on the other hand there are great and lovely hybrids too.

Last edited:
I realize that some people only go for species.
I'm the opposite for the most part.
I do find certain species quite nice, but species in general seem rather weak, humble or downright ugly to my taste.

What?!! You don't like hybrids like Dollgoldi and Delrosi?
That type of hybrids are about my favorites!! :D

I was a hardcore self declared speciesist....well, actually, over time I have had to soften up a bit on my views, as I have seen quite a few nice ones on this site recently...and also have learnt to acknowledge the effort and creativity put into good hybridization.

And even though, I still personally can feel some revulsion, when seeing way to different species being paired in hybridization ('heinous acts against nature': e.g. subgenus parvisepalum x section coryopedilum), I maybe should start to declare myself a speciesist only in respect to delineating the boundaries of my own collection, although allowing for naturally occuring hybrids (and even a couple of St. Swithins and a very nice gift from another ST-member, that succeed to sneak in :D)?!

Kind regards,
Jens

I realize that some people only go for species.
I'm the opposite for the most part.
I do find certain species quite nice, but species in general seem rather weak, humble or downright ugly to my taste.

What?!! You don't like hybrids like Dollgoldi and Delrosi?
That type of hybrids are about my favorites!! :D

Agréé with you, some parvisepalum x multi are incrédible beautifull colored creation

Latest posts

Back