Community pots

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherry H

Reaction score
Part of my Covid collection, at what point do I repot into individual pots? All paphsimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

You could repot whenever you like with minimal risk. However you don't have to repot all of them as long as the media is in good condition. I would repot compots where it is difficult to water or where larger seedlings are shading smaller ones.

They look good! Nicely grown.

This is a compot I've been meaning to pot out for over a year... I keep saying "tomorrow" Lol
At some point they could start going backwards so keep an eye on them. Also, they generally start growing shortly after putting them in their own pots so there's an advantage to that.
The cross is (Memoria Matthew P. DeWitt x Lefty Kei)

20200920_102019.jpg20200920_102000.jpg

Are u growing in a greenhouse? My collection of ladyslippers just started in March during lockdown in NC summer home. I went way out of control and while watering/fertilizing this am was afraid to count (over40 paps and about a dozen phrags) two large bakers racks in my courtyard in Florida full! They are adapting well to Florida and I have East exposure dappled light.

I never bought them as they were so pricey.
this summer the prices were so low probably because of no shows for vendors. I have noticed prices creeping back up.

my courtyard is full of mature cattleyas/vandals/oncidium/phalenopsis.
Here is a picture of a current cattleya w eight blooms.

been 19612D5B-27C5-42F8-B3E4-BA21EAA92E57.jpeggrowing orchids around 25 years but am totally smitten with my new collection. Slippertalk made me realize I am not alone!!!!

Are u growing in a greenhouse? My collection of ladyslippers just started in March during lockdown in NC summer home. I went way out of control and while watering/fertilizing this am was afraid to count (over40 paps and about a dozen phrags) two large bakers racks in my courtyard in Florida full!

Quarantine got me hooked on lady slippers. I’m right there with ya having also gone way out of control 😂

Latest posts

Back