Colin

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Colin Grace

Hi,
I have only been into this game for just three months. have 15 orchids from across the board, with only one slipper which has become my favourite.
It is a Paph Delenatii. I intend to make slippers my first choice. I am an Englishman abroad in Bonnie Scotland/ Greetings to you all.

COLIN.

Welcome to the forum, Colin.

Paph delenatii is a beautiful species that is also lightly fragrant. They are very easy to grow under bright light and warm conditions.

Paphman910

Welcome Colin!

Where in Scotland do you live? I lived in Dundee for 4 months when I did an internship at the Scottish Crop Research Institute. I loved it in Scotland (Except for the rain.......I thought it rained a lot in The Netherlands, until I was in Scotland), but it is a beautiful country!

Robert

Welcome! (to the madness of orchid growing too!) :)

I am half Scottish (my last name is McDonald) and a little less than half Welsh. My family was from the Isle of Skye and later, Halifax, Nova Scotia.

I agree with Robert, it is such a beautiful place. I only spent time in the English Lake District and Edinburgh, but what I saw of Scotland I adored (much more than London!)

Welcome Colin.

Given the cold damp and drearies you should check out the slipper species of North Vietnam and Southern China

Armeniacum and micranthum may be your next favourites.

Also Draculas may do great for you too if you keep the humidity high.

Back