Coelogynes Intermedia and flaccida

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice blooming, the yellow on the lip really pop, are they fragrant?

Yes both. The intermedia is light and sweeter. The flaccida is strong and smells up the back 1/2 of the house. There are 3 or 4 inflorescences now on 2 plants.

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9729&page=49
I don't know what it is but it's on Page #49 of my "Miscl. Stuff" thread.

I didnt see it either. As stated tho, a cooler/dryer winter rest may help. Otherwise, increasing light during growing season, reducing fertilizer in fall, and day-to-night temp changes (10 -15 degrees) will help. Like phals, many orchids are reluctant to bloom without a daily temp swing, and the winter cool down. But this can be hard to do indoors for some of us. Maybe a cooler spot near a window without getting sunburned.

Thanks. i moved it to the window and the new growths have slowed down; maybe it will try to bloom.
I don't know why you can't the photos it's post #1925 on 5/16/15 and can also be seen in post #1970 on 8/2/15. :eek:

Thanks. i moved it to the window and the new growths have slowed down; maybe it will try to bloom.
I don't know why you can't the photos it's post #1925 on 5/16/15 and can also be seen in post #1970 on 8/2/15. :eek:

Ok found them...and holy crap. I leave for a bit and u start stocking up on all kinds of non-slippers, great variety btw. Hard to say what it is. I acquired some colognes labeled as lactea that look identical. But to add to confusion lactea is sometimes synonous w flaccida. But my flaccida has totally different pseudo bulbs. The "lactea" has been a slow bloomer for me as well but it has bloomed. Id need to dig around for photos. If it blooms someday we can tell. Saw another one u had (from park side ?) that looks like a big cologne speciosa. mine bloomed couple times a year. They r nice.

Thanks. Like I said, it has stopped throwing out new growths so maybe it will bloom sometime this year. I have 3-4 now and they are generally easy so this big one is the challenge.

Back