Coelogyne Unchained Melody

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done Darlene!
Two other hybrids worthy of note: Coel Linda Buckley (mooreana x cristata) and Coel. Jannine Banks (mooreana x flaccida).
there is a great website with details on most of species and hybrids:

Coelogynes.com. Note the “s” in the address.

Coel Linda Buckley

F6AB3894-61B0-427E-B3DE-31FCC8433896.jpeg

Coel Jannie Banks
DB5E280A-4590-4790-A7CF-0544BF226D61.jpeg

How do you find the scent? I love these flowers and had one while ago, but I just could not stand the smell. To my nose, it smelled like cat pee.

Thanks all. It is slightly fragrant but you really have to put your nose in there to smell it. While I don't find it to be a terrible smell, I would not recommend making a perfume in its honor. The scent is a slightly sweet smell upfront with an odd sharp chaser.

@tomp thats for the other hybrids. I have Janine Banks, but I have not mastered flowering it yearly.

Jannine Banks
Thanks all. It is slightly fragrant but you really have to put your nose in there to smell it. While I don't find it to be a terrible smell, I would not recommend making a perfume in its honor. The scent is a slightly sweet smell upfront with an odd sharp chaser.

@tomp thats for the other hybrids. I have Janine Banks, but I have not mastered flowering it yearly.
That is more accurate description. I remember mine being quite strongly fragrant during the midday when sunny. It was nice and sweet, but then there was this overwhelmingly cat pee-like scent masking it all. The plant was a good grower and bloomer even under my less than ideal conditions.

Latest posts

Back