Coelogyne pandarata

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

czpana

Reaction score
Looking forward to posting and talking about orchids been growing for 5 years and now addicted.
943c8eef83fccc567430aab4120c4deb.jpg
1f3c50936395dcfb9bee12c6197e196b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome!
Gorgeous Coelogyne!!! How big is the pot its in? Smell nice? One of my favorite species.

Thanks

Welcome!

Gorgeous Coelogyne!!! How big is the pot its in? Smell nice? One of my favorite species.

Thanks

5 gallon and has a very pleasant smell!

Very nice.. I love the dark lip. But judging from the pseudobulb shape and spacing, this is likely Burfordiense (pandurata x asperata), not pandurata. The erect spike habit is also a giveaway. Pandurata spikes are more often than not, arching.

Very nice.. I love the dark lip. But judging from the pseudobulb shape and spacing, this is likely Burfordiense (pandurata x asperata), not pandurata. The erect spike habit is also a giveaway. Pandurata spikes are more often than not, arching.

Agree,also lip shape dont fit C. pandurata but Buffordiense...
I think is a very very nice Coel. Buffordiense

Sweet baby jesus!! 5 gallons!?!?!? That is HUGE!!!
Do you grow it as a house plant? Need much light?
I love this genus but as you are noting some specimens are HUGE!!!! I know they require relatively low maintenance so I am wondering if they will thrive in the corner with minimal light and what not!?

Cheers
Jake

It's been growing in a green house outside I just bring it in for the flowers! The pot I agree is huge because I am using large bark chunks and it fills the pot nicely. Also when the spikes come out they tend to go sideways first so the wider the pot better

Back