Coelogyne mooreana 'Brockhurst' FCC/RHS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

this is probably my favourite coelogyne. Bought from Akerne's last year and this year has two growths and flower spikes. Lovely crystalline flowers with a light scent of freesias. Seems to do well on the kitchen windowsill.
Behind it is a huge Sarracenia 'Brookes hybrid' , about a metre tall and phrag. Suzanne Decker.

Regards,

David

Attachments

• coelogyne mooreana 1.jpg
    coelogyne mooreana 1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 61
  • coelogyne mooreana 2.jpg
    coelogyne mooreana 2.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 49
It grows with the cattleyas. Cooler and drier winter and a warmer wetter summer. Plenty of light.
It grew a couple of growths over autumn/winter and then without stopping put up two more growths both of which have a spike.
David

Wonderful David. This clone is a classic. I did buy it one time but it did really poorly for me for some reason and eventually died.

The plant is not huge - about a foot high but the flowers are quite big - 4 inches across.
It is small enough for indoor growth.
I've seen specimens in the UK of this with at least 20 growths and flower spikes.
It receives the same conditions as my coelogyne cristata - warm wet summer and cool drier winter.
David

Back