Clowesetum Pierre Couret

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mathias

Reaction score
Some of Fred Clarkes magic! I bought this plant from SVO about a year ago, not really knowing what to expect. Flower colour was said to be variable, from yellowish to dark rose. I am very happy that my plant turned out to have a deep red colour. I love the beard!! Kind of suitable now when we are approaching Christmas... :) The flowers have a fragrance reminiscent of bubblegum and root beer.

The cross is Cl. Rebecca Northen ‘Grapefruit Pink’ x Ctsm. pileatum v. imperale ‘SVO Blood Red’. I grow this one in sphagnum, really dry when in rest, plenty of water, warmth, fertilizer and light when in growth.

8241150400_9218005b06_b.jpg

8240082645_b091b2caa7_b.jpg

8241149966_b705e77613_b.jpg

Very nice flower, great colour and texture. I really like the last photo also.

Chuck

I have this cross also, but mine did not bloom this year. Hopefully it will be as nice as yours next season.

Thanks for all your comments. This is my first and only Catasetiine so far. But I am definitely planning in buying some more in spring. A very interesting group of plants.

:rollhappy: new addiction!
Love the frills & color!
Now you're going to make me go & look to see what I have spiking ...
Clo. Grace Dunn, Jumbo York and my new addition as of yesterday -Monnierara Millenium Magic 'Witchcraft' (a blackie!).
So what the heck is Monn.? Catasetum x Cycnoches x Mormodes

:rollhappy: new addiction!
Love the frills & color!
Now you're going to make me go & look to see what I have spiking ...
Clo. Grace Dunn, Jumbo York and my new addition as of yesterday -Monnierara Millenium Magic 'Witchcraft' (a blackie!).
So what the heck is Monn.? Catasetum x Cycnoches x Mormodes

Clowesia Grace Dunn is another great cross I would like to have. Something about frilly lips...

Found some pictures of Monnierara Millenium Magic 'Witchcraft', wow thats black!!

Latest posts

Back