Close up photos of Masdevallia flowers

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool. Cool being the unfortunate word as I'm located near Sacramento. We don't grow those very well in these parts, but I enjoy seeing them.

That strobelli is really neat! It's amazing what closeups will capture! Great job!

I went thru the first half of your pics. Is there any plants that you don't have? What dedication!
There were some that WOW 'ed me:
Slc.Angel's Fantasy 'Flaming Splash' - different, the color, veining.
Jungle Gem 'Gold Country' & Jungle Elf - nice, different w/ red/maroon spots on a yellow/gold background.
Soph. cernua 'aurea' - lovely yellow!
Masd. Sunset Jaguar 'Night Breed' -just awesome!
Dend. torresae - interesting p/bulbs!
and the different flower types on the plumerias, I caught myself inhaling, but I had to imagine!
I'll go back for part 2 this afternoon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jean, yes all the photos are from plants of mine.
You can see i'm an orchid addict....!
Peter

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!

Oh how I wish I could grow those babies in my conditions. I can't keep them cool enough. I keep trying, keep losing them, and now have given up.

Thanks for all the compliments! Yes, as you can see i'm quite the plant nut ranging from Orchids to Carnivorous plants!
Peter.

Thanks for all the compliments! Yes, as you can see i'm quite the plant nut ranging from Orchids to Carnivorous plants!
Peter.

:clap:You do have quite the collection of carnivore, they are most interesting!
Is this your full time job? ;);)

Yes, wink wink, this is my full time job....NOT! It just takes every waking moment when i'm not at work! LOL!
Peter.

Will you tell me what sort of temps the strobellii 'isabelle' requires? I have really enjoyed the masd. I have aquired so far. I have not see this one advertised anywhere.

This one is grown intermediate. I have it in the greenhouse on the floor where the temps range from 50 degree minimum to a high of 85 degrees in the summer. You can find this species usually at the sale booths at shows. Ecuagenera carries it.
Peter.

Latest posts

Back