Clivia caulescens habitats *Many pics*

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gideon

Here are some pics of Clivia caulescens habitats and some in situ shots

clivia_2006_1.jpg

clivia_2006_2.jpg

clivia_2006_3.jpg

clivia_2006_4.jpg

clivia_2006_5.jpg

clivia_2006_6.jpg

clivia_2006_7.jpg

clivia_2006_8.jpg

Again....Cool Pictures!!! Thanks for sharing. I was in the Blyde River Canyon too, many many years ago!! That was one of my favorite spots when I was in South Africa. Unfortuanetly I did not see those Clivia's....but that was back in 1985.....I was only 15 then......oeps, now you know how old I am.

Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
Drorchid said:
Again....Cool Pictures!!! Thanks for sharing. I was in the Blyde River Canyon too many many years ago!! That was one of my favorite spots when I was in South Africa. Unfortuanetly I did not see those Clivia's....but that was back in 1985.....I was only 15 then......oeps, now you now how old I am.

Robert
It is a stunning place (apparently the only green canyon in the world, according to the publicity pamphlets)...BTW, I had been there several times before and only after looking at a photo I took of my wife, we saw a Clivia in the background, that is why we went back to look for them.

Jon in SW Ohio said:
Awesome! caulescens and mirabilis are the only two I still haven't gotten...still amazed how quickly the variegated ones are growing.

Jon
I managed to get 10 mirabilis seeds, gave 4 to some friends and killed one, the rest are doing well, will post some pics tomorrow, they are very different as seedlings to the other Clivia...I should have some caulescens seed early next year, I have already planted this year's crop

Latest posts

Back