Climate Change reality

Discussion in 'Political Views' started by ehanes7612, Jun 29, 2017.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

1. Jan 16, 2018 #561

Berthold

Berthold

Berthold

That is no speculative science, that is speculation and speculation is no science. That is the opposite.

2. Jan 16, 2018 #562

Berthold

Berthold

Berthold

Yes, that is the main problem for me too.

My second problem is that man-made-climate-change-missioners want to educate the rest of the world.
    But I hate educating by any kind of missioners, including communists, Jehovah's Witness, vegans and climate changers.

3. Jan 16, 2018 #563

Berthold

Berthold

Berthold

Please keep in mind humans by breathing exhaust more CO2 than cars on the world.
    That is about 5 liters CO2 per minute multiplied by 7 500 000 000 people, 37 500 000 000 liters per minute CO2 direct human emission.
    That is 70 500 000 000 gram, 70 500 000 kg per minute.

4. Jan 16, 2018 #564

ehanes7612

ehanes7612

ehanes7612

Please don't respond to Berthold..I know you want to...but please dont..let this thread die

5. Jan 17, 2018 #565

Berthold

Berthold

Berthold

Why did You respond?

6. Jan 17, 2018 #566

Stone

Stone

Stone

Yes true. Ok to speculate in science. In fact it is required sometimes but you cannot draw a conclusion or proof from a hypothesis by speculating.

7. Jan 17, 2018 #567

Bjorn

Bjorn

Bjorn

Wait a minute!
    Berthold, you are a PhD in chemistry from RWTH as far as I understand so you should not have problems in following me here: 5liters CO2 per minute is 7200 l/day. That equals approximately 321moles of CO2. This amount is produced in the cells primarily by combustion of glucose, so each individual of us should combust an amount equivalent to 321/6 moles of glucose (molar weight 180). That is close to 10kg glucose per day!(actually 9645g)
    I am stunned and utterly impressed by your appetite :poke:
    Guess your assumption of humans breathing out pure CO2 is the problem in this calculation?

8. Jan 17, 2018 #568

Berthold

Berthold

Berthold

Bjorn, yes You are basically right, sorry. But I prefer fat no sugar. The late night is not a good time for calculation. My value based on a high performance sportsman.
    But there is still enough CO2 exhaust of the human beings.

9. Jan 18, 2018 #569

Stone

Stone

Stone

Vegans! Yes you could start another thread just on them. :rollhappy:

10. Jan 25, 2018 #570

Stone

Stone

Stone

The latest prediction from our climate hero Hansen et al

''The temperature will rise or it will fall or it will stay the same''.

The rest is just babble.
    It's a bet each way, an ''out'' to save your arse and creating necessity for further funding. No way to loose! Never mind about earlier predictions, just pretend he didn't say them.
    Ingenious!

:rollhappy:

11. Jan 26, 2018 #571

emydura

emydura

emydura

Just in case you think Mike comes up with this stuff himself, think again. He just simply parrots all this crap from his favourite global warming denialist blog site. Mike posted it here only an hour or so after it was posted on wattsupwiththat. That was quick Mike. You must be on their email list.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/01...-10-more-years-of-global-warming-pause-maybe/

Check out the comments. There are like a million Mike's. You will see all the same conspiracy theory lines Mike comes up with. It is basically a cult.

I guess we are going to have to get used to it. Mike is going to continue forwarding on a lot of this anti-science propaganda from these dodgy websites. Mike - you should at least have the balls to say where you get your information from instead of passing it off as your own work.

12. Jan 27, 2018 #572

Stone

Stone

Stone

David, please stop. These personal attacks not only illuminate who YOU are, they are becoming quite desperate and pathetic. Not to mention slipping off the edge of reality. You are embarrassing yourself.

13. Feb 2, 2018 #573

Berthold

Berthold

Berthold

14. Feb 6, 2018 #574

Stone

Stone

Stone

A very interesting paper which suggests our current understanding of the greenhouse effect as it is used to explain increasing heat trapped by increasing co2 concentration may be fundamentally flawed. I by no means have the concentration or the time to read and understand the entire paper but I have read enough to understand that the use of atmospheric pressure coupled with solar irradiance is the new model which is used. This, it turns out, neatly explains why increasing co2 on Earth does not effectively correlate to the temperature fluctuations observed here. It also explains in a new way why Venus - with it's very high pressure is so hot and remains so (not due to runaway greenhouse as is commonly said) It also explains why Mars which like Venus has much of it's atmosphere of co2 but at a low pressure does not retain solar heat. It seems to be the pressure of the gases which is governing back radiation and heat capture not only the species of the gas.
    That's as far as I got.
    Of course if this turns out to be correct, it won't matter how much co2 is pumped into the atmosphere, it won't make much difference to temperature at all. Not to mention the well known Band Saturation Effect which further restricts the warming power of co2. (https://www.coursera.org/learn/global-warming/lecture/CnAIV/the-band-saturation-effect)

Please comment if you are interested.

The paper....

https://www.omicsonline.org/open-ac...cal-planetary-temperature-model.php?aid=88574

15. Feb 6, 2018 #575
  16. Feb 20, 2018 #576

Berthold

Berthold

Berthold

Medium January temperature in Berlin Tempelhof (former American Airbase) in the last 263 years. Starting date is birth year of W. A. Mozart. Goethe was seven years old. America did not yet exist I think :)

[​IMG]

Abb.1: Der Januarverlauf in Berlin über die letzten 263 Januarmonate. Am wärmsten war der Januar 1796 mit 6,2 C. Am kältesten der Januar 1823 mit -11,6 C. Keinesfalls war der Januar 2018 der wärmste in Berlin, er gehörte aber zu den recht milden in den Monatsreihen.

17. Feb 21, 2018 #577

ehanes7612

ehanes7612

ehanes7612

18. Feb 21, 2018 #578

Berthold

Berthold

Berthold

Fine, if You have gas you should never mine for coal like Germany had to do for a long time.
    In the Ruhr district in the middle of Germany after the 2. world war about 500000 people lost their life direct or indirect by coal mining, most of them by silicosis.

19. Feb 21, 2018 #579

Secundino

Secundino

Secundino

Adorable Stud

¿crying crocodile tears for some dead? And why should now we believe such hypocrisy ...

Industry goes for the cheapest resources and maximum return, not for environmental goals. If industry had to pay for nuclear waste and environmental damage, nuke energy wouldn't exist.

20. Feb 21, 2018 #580

Berthold

Berthold

Berthold

Nonsense, industry pays for nothing. Everything has to be payed by the final consumer.
    If costs rise for the industry e. g. by environment improvement prices are raised also.