Climate Change reality

Discussion in 'Political Views' started by ehanes7612, Jun 29, 2017.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

1. Dec 30, 2017 #501

Berthold

Berthold

Berthold

No, due to political correctness You call it alternate global warming

2. Dec 31, 2017 #502

troy

troy

troy

The drought is going to suck the moisture out of our bodies to death if left uncovered outside, lol.. no more public nudity!!!!!

3. Jan 1, 2018 #503

Tom-DE

Tom-DE

Tom-DE

By now you still don't know what is happening, you must be an idgit!

4. Jan 1, 2018 #504

troy

troy

troy

I don't care... just making light of an objective topic, it's all theory, there are too many variables for one perspective too be 100 percent correct, so, tom-de entertain yourself by lashing out an insult...hahaha

5. Jan 1, 2018 #505

Tom-DE

Tom-DE

Tom-DE

Hey, are you talking to me? I certainly wasn't talking to you, a piece of ****! Now that is an insult!

6. Jan 1, 2018 #506

emydura

emydura

emydura

What a moronic comment. That's something I would only expect from someone like Donald Trump. Hey wait a minute, I recall Donald said the same thing. Obviously, this is where you are getting a lot of your 'alternative facts'.

How do you have an intelligent debate with a person who cannot even understand the difference between weather and climate.

7. Jan 1, 2018 #507

Berthold

Berthold

Berthold

Sorry, You don't know ether. Are You an idgit also?

8. Jan 1, 2018 #508

Berthold

Berthold

Berthold

Yesterday with 16.5° C we had the warmest Silvester in Germany. It was warmer only in 1961 with 17° and in a lot of years in the century before.

I am confused, is it weather or is it climate? Is it climate of Germany or of the world?

9. Jan 2, 2018 #509

Tom-DE

Tom-DE

Tom-DE

Compared to a piece of **** like you, maybe I am! but at least I don't make up **** and post them here.

Don't pretend you are educated or intelligent! Regardless what you stand for in this matter, for someone who doesn't know the differences between climate and weather, you are not much better than a moron!

10. Jan 2, 2018 #510

Stone

Stone

Stone

Well happy new year to you to David. If that's your nasty tone then so be it. I'm actually surprised by this reply from you. (maybe you're still pissed from NYE?) Seems to be the only strategy your side can come up with. Well if it's unprovoked attack to me you can expect it back ten times over.
    You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. It's pretty obvious to any non-moron that I was making a simple joke to illustrate just how stupid this debate has become. So I guess that makes you the moron?

**** Trump! This is me saying this. It seems whatever kind of weather we have it is blamed on global warming by the climate scientologists. Funny, when the weather is very hot it is climate change or global warming and when it's very cold it's JUSTweather but probably caused by climate change. Total crazy, closed minded, ignorant bullshit by science denialists like you.

The definition of climate has been deemed by scientists to be the average of weather over a thirty year period. Of course even this is plain stupid made-up nonsense but if that is the framework to work with then let's do that.

There was gradual cooling from about 1973 to about the early eighties. So much so that the ''consensus'' among climate scientists at the time was that we were entering a mini ice age. (look it up if you don't believe me) You may remember it. Did it happen? Did the cold continue? Well no. It started to warm again up to the present. During this time were was a period where temperature stabilized for about 20 years. co2 rate rise remained the same or increased.

It was and is called ''the pause'' It has been denied and even hidden or erased by the warmists but it is there and will remain there. Forget what you may have heard. That is on record and that is what happened. You can see it in post #494 in this thread.If we take the science definition of ''climate'' we have had no climate change at all. Only weather change. No ''global warming'' Only a very slight warming trend in the weather during part of the eighties and part of the recent period.

The cooling in the 70's also cannot be called climate change, only a temporary change in the weather just as this warming period is. Temporary, just like all the weather changes before. Extreme hot days in the US are on the decline. Yes there are fewer today than in the past.
    There has been no more that between zero and 1.6mm rate of sea level rise globally. That is the closest estimate from the worlds leading expert. As an example, Fort Denison tide gage shows a rock steady 0.6mm per year rise for the past one hundred years. Venice and most of the Indian Ocean shows precisely 0.0mm sea level rise.

There is growing evidence we are entering a period of solar minimum starting in the next couple of decades. It's not unreasonable to expect a lot more cold weather, a decline in global temperatures and hopefully this trash global warming pseudo-science junk fad will be finally put to bed. All this as the co2 continues to rise unabated. Oh and by the way, in the mean time the Earth has greened 15%. Equivalent to adding a photosynthetic area the size of Africa to the globe. I can't remember over what period exactly. You can look that up for yourself. And while you are at it maybe check some more facts before you go calling people morons lest you look like one yourself as you trash opposing views while trying to reduce your ''carbon footprint''.

Give it up. The co2 driven global warming myth is dead. The hypothesis did not work out. No amount of data tampering or computer modelling will change it. Don't be a climate scientologist zombie.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  11. Jan 2, 2018 #511

Berthold

Berthold

Berthold

But so it seems compared to You.

Is Your probationer informed about Your posts in this forum?

12. Jan 2, 2018 #512

Tom-DE

Tom-DE

Tom-DE

Probationer(that is what you call it in German?)?
    As I would expect it, you are making up more **** again as you go? FYI, I am always on Santa's best list, you goddamn moron/idgit!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  13. Jan 4, 2018 #513

Stone

Stone

Stone

1989 from NOAA

[​IMG]

14. Jan 4, 2018 #514

ehanes7612

ehanes7612

ehanes7612

:rollhappy: :rollhappy: :rollhappy: :rollhappy: :rollhappy: :rollhappy: :poke:

15. Jan 4, 2018 #515

Stone

Stone

Stone

What's so funny :confused: I find it rather tragic.

16. Jan 5, 2018 #516

Stone

Stone

Stone

Now this is hilarious! :rollhappy:

Hmmm. So we are now almost 1/5 into the ''next'' century so we should be seeing a temp rise of between 0.6 and 1.6 degrees by now...Ha ha ha.. This is stuff is just gold! Oh maybe the warming has ''upset these predictions and produced unanticipated changes'' ???

You tax dollars at work.....

17. Jan 8, 2018 #517

emydura

emydura

emydura

1989? You must be struggling for evidence.

Here is something from this century. If climate change wasn't real, it should be pretty easy to disprove. There has been no shortage of people trying. The fossil fuel industry has poured big money into research in an attempt to prove that the planet is not warming. Here is one such example -

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2012/jul/29/climate-change-sceptics-change-mind

18. Jan 9, 2018 #518

Stone

Stone

Stone

You still don't get it David. The word ''Climate'' as it is used in ''climate change'' is made up. It is meaningless.

It's just weather. Using a few years (30 or so) to determine if the climate is changing is just plain stupid. Sydney had 47 degrees the other day. It still did not break the 1939 record. Just weather.

As for the Guardian....Please!

You can't cherry pick where you start your line from. It goes up and down and up again and DOWN AGAIN! Bid deal if it has warmed 1.5 degrees in fifty years. The climate is NOT changing like you think it is. There is NOevidence of continual un-ending global warming. There just isn't. Forget about the warming predictions you see in the popular press. They are wrong.

[​IMG]

19. Jan 11, 2018 #519

Earen

Earen

Earen

20. Jan 11, 2018 #520

emydura

emydura

emydura

Mike - the Guardian did not undertake that research. The data analysis was undertaken by Richard Muller, who at the time was a well-known climate skeptic like yourself. The research was funded by the fossil fuel industry. These people were from your side. The point of this study was to prove that human-induced climate change did not exist. Richard Muller was critical of the way climate scientists had analysed the data previously so he applied his own methodology. But in the end his conclusions were the same - the earth is warming and it is caused by humans. Here he writes a piece in the NY Times -

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/30/opinion/the-conversion-of-a-climate-change-skeptic.html

As for that graph you keep using. More rubbish from the climate skeptic blogs you keep reading. This one from Steve Goddard. That guy won't even write under his own name so how can you take him seriously. Go and read real science.