Cirr. Sandi Ting (Cirr. sikkimense x Cirr. makoyanum)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue

evil genius
Reaction score
A reliable bloomer, two or three times a year. Two umbels open right now, one just closed, two more on the way.

Very slight, not particularly objectionable scent.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean to ask, but I'll take a stab at it . . .

Most Bulbos smell like various sorts of yuck, as they're pollinated by flies. I'm not sure about the scent of either of the parents of this hybrid, but chances are better than not that at least one of them smells bad.

There are a number which have no discernable scent, and a couple that smell good. B. macranthum smells of cucumber and cloves, B. ambrosia smells of honey, and B. sulawesii smells nicely of black pepper (or, at least, mine does).

I like that one very much, always enjoy seeing them in person.

If you're asking whether you can visit, just come out and say it!

: p

It's funny actually that some of them look so much more interesting not in person. The Cirr. sp. I posted a bit ago doesn't look nearly as cool in person, just because it's too small to see details.

There are a number which have no discernable scent, and a couple that smell good. B. macranthum smells of cucumber and cloves, B. ambrosia smells of honey, and B. sulawesii smells nicely of black pepper (or, at least, mine does).

Yes, these are what I meant. Thanx. :)

Back