Cirr. Lovely Elizabeth

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

Grandma picked this one up for me at Porter's this summer! Lovely Elizabeth = Elizabeth Ann x rothschildianum.

I borrowed my sister-in-law's Nikon D40. Ritz/Wolf Camera is having a really good sale on Nikons right now, good til Sat. I'm getting a D40X!

Rose

You make me turn green with envy. Mine isn't showing any sign of blooming. I'm happy yours is doing so well. It's beautiful.

good morning Rose,
What a fine color, and very good close-ups. I never had any chance to bring those cirrhopetalums to bloom.
Jean

Rose
You make me turn green with envy. Mine isn't showing any sign of blooming. I'm happy yours is doing so well. It's beautiful.
Thanks! You're a good orchid mom - yours will bloom too!
How's the weather? I would imagine you're experiencing the freezing rain we had, it was a good day to collect a barrel of rainwater & play with the camera!

WOW!!! 75% bulb roth... *DROOL...* roth is just so costly here... wish i could get this as a substitute.. :p
YES, I'd highly recommend! I love Elizabeth Ann 'Buckleberry' and this takes after mama! I thought some size would be lost going back to roth. No size was lost, it's 6 1/2" long & fans out 10" across. I see no older or previous brown spikes, was it a first time bloom???

Beautiful. You have a very nice grandma! Nice photography too, especially the third picture. :clap:

I'm glad you like it!

Want to know it's history? That plant was once mine. I purchased it at an orchid show some time ago. It got so big, I decided to give it to Porter's where it got even bigger. So it's actually a division. It really is lovely.

Thanks Dot! It certainly seems to be well established, it will just knock my socks off to get multiple blooms at the same time, that's my goal!!!

Thanks Dot. Now I know the history of mine also. Bill set these aside for me before I came. Now I'm watching mine like a hawk.

I believe, according to the message from Dot, that you are right.

My gracillum has three hairs like stems coming up with very tiny bumps on top of them. Cross your fingers for me.

Latest posts

Back