Cinnamite

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has this got something to do with cinnamon? If yes I have heard that one can use it to get rid of I think fungi (?)

I didn't that that was available anymore. Cinnamite is a miticide. Do you have mites on your Paphs? Otherwise, I'd not use it. If you do use it, be sure to do it on a cloudy day.

You guys are too funny!:rollhappy:

Thanks for the replies...I haven't tried it myself and was just curious if anyone has tried it on slipper orchids. I don't have any problems with my plants (knock on wood), but I want to be ready when the time comes. Being cinnamon based, I thought it might be a little more friendly on my health than some of the other treatments out there.

Read about, tried google search in the past but was never able to come up with a supplier. I think Dot is right about them not making it any more.

I myself have never had success with cinnamon, so I haven't tried cinnamite or cinnamaldehyde(?).......I can see it being useful for drying out cut edges, and therefore reducing the likelihood of a fungal or bacterial infection, but nothing beyond that.....Eric

That's why the cloudy day......

right on. that's the same for using oil or other pesticides in that they shouldn't be applied when the sun is out as the little droplets can act as magnifying glasses.
i am not entirely sure, but one reason i think cinnamite was pulled was that lots of plants experienced phytotoxicity as a result of the active ingredient.

Latest posts

Back