Chui Hua Dancer flask.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carper

Reaction score
On a recent visit to the Malvern Show in the UK, one of Europe,s largest orchids shows, purchased this flask which was on In Charm's stand. Managed to acquire a full size plant from Sam a couple of years ago and it's just in bud, so this flask was a surprise purchase. Listed as sanderianum 2015 x gigantifolium "Naeshan" A good 20 seedlings, some with multiple growths and looking very healthy.

Usual treatment, in straight orchiata, soaked with kelpmax and will feed this only next few weeks.

Gary
UK

I deflasked the same cross just a few weeks back. Yours look a little chunkier than mine. I think mine had longer leaves but narrower. These will be great when they eventually flower. I believe they are vigorous growers once they get going.

The race is on Gary. ☺

I think fellow ster phraggy named Ed in england was looking for some of this cross, if you are in the same neighborhood if you could let him know they are available, thanks!!!

I deflasked the same cross just a few weeks back. Yours look a little chunkier than mine. I think mine had longer leaves but narrower. These will be great when they eventually flower. I believe they are vigorous growers once they get going.

The race is on Gary. ☺

I think you have an advantage over me on climate. But always up for the challenge!

Gary

Didn't think it got that low David, even in winter! Thought the UK had the poorest weather, ie light levels etc than most. May have a start on you then, but sure come your summer, you'll have the advantage.

Gary

An update on the flask I acquired last year. They are now in single pots and most are approx. 14-18cm which is over double their initial size. The 3 largest which were potted up inidividually anyway now stand at 22-24cm and are picking up speed. A long way to go to FS but good as not lost any yet.

Gary
UK

Back