• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Chuck Acker has another sale going on

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohio-guy

Reaction score
"$8.00
Each.
Groups
Of
20 Plants
Assorted Phragmipediums - Robust seedlings fully grown in 2.5” pots ready for potting up into 4” and 5” pots
Wossner Supergrande – 7 plants
Mem. Dick Clements 4N x Acker’s Superstar 4N – 5 plants
Devil Fire – 4 plants
China Dragon 4N – 25 plants
Evening Blaze - 13 plants
Acker's Starlight - 16 plants
Autumn Fire - 9 plants
Les Landes x Barbara LeAnn - 5 plants

Minimum order of 20 plants please. Plants will be shipped bare root."

I already ordered from him and was very pleased with the plants. I have had a different assortment for about 2 mos now , and five have spiked and one has bloomed
I don't know if this is typical. But it seems to beat the prices I see on EBay, and Chuck has a good reputation.
Has anyone else had similar experience there?

He has an alba cross Mt Toro in spike for 100$ too....

Eric

P.S. his link -www.flasksbychuckacker.com

I'm also in the want a few, but not 20 boat. does anyone know if he would split an order between 2-3 people? I really only want one of each plant, and not even necessarily all of the ones listed...

Then start a new thread and see if anyone wants to go in on an order with you. You order it, receive the big order and then ship the plants out. That's the way these things usually work...

forgive me for being jaded, but that seems like the way to get left holding the bag.

what would work better would be if everyone sent their share of the money to chuck, and then he'd send out the small orders to the individuals. but I don't know if he would do that, since it somewhat defeats the purpose of the 20 plant minimum.

forgive me for being jaded, but that seems like the way to get left holding the bag.

what would work better would be if everyone sent their share of the money to chuck, and then he'd send out the small orders to the individuals. but I don't know if he would do that, since it somewhat defeats the purpose of the 20 plant minimum.

That's not fair to expect Chuck to do that. And sorry, that's the way it usually goes... I've participated in several group buys, you either have to trust people or buck up and do the big order on your own to get the discount. If you ask people to pay you for their order, plus shipping, before you mail it out, how would you get left holding the bag?

I can think of lots of ways, and yes, I know I'm not trusting. :evil: For instance, say 5 people claim to want in, so I collect money from 4 of them, but the 5th doesn't contribute, so now either everyone else has to make up for it or the order doesn't go through. And of course, this would somehow become my fault.

Anyway, I may try to put something together, using just the setup you suggest, but it's contingent on a lot of things, most of which beyond my control.

Grandma, I got your messages (x2). Thanks.

Scott, we're not talking a fortune here...$160 plus shipping total?? If someone doesn't send you their money for the order, someone else on one of the forums will buy the phrags.

I would be interested in going in on a group order. I would buy four plants right now. two of the Wossners Supergrandes and two of the Devil Fires. Anyone else interested?

I'm interested. I sent a PM to Scott but he can't do it for a couple of weeks. I don't want to wait that long. I want about 8, Tadd 4. Is anyone else wanting in?

Tadd.

I sent an e-mail to Chuck Acker. I'm waiting for an answer. I said I would want all 4Devils Fire, 2 Super grande, and I will let him know tomorrow which others I want. If you want any please send me a list of what else you want ASAP. I Did ask for the 4 Devil Fire just to be sure I get them.

Waiting to hear from you.

Devil Fire is the one I want least. I sent Chuck Acker an email today asking if I could place an order for later delivery. I think between TADD, Grandma M, and me, we would have more than enough for a 20 plant minimum, especially if Grandma M is placing her order right now. :D

anyway, I'll keep people posted as to my decisions. and yes candace, being out $160 is a big deal. I'm not made of money after all!

being out $160 is a big deal. I'm not made of money after all!
How would you be out of $160 if you have 20 phrags? I'm not getting the negative attitude. I'm not going to try to convince you to buy these plantts. It seems like GrandmaM and Tadd have it all worked out. I wouldn't wait either, GrandmaM get them fast!

The whole idea behind a minimum 20 plant order is so you can ship them all to one address and have lots less work. I'd be embarrassed to ask him to mail out plants to different addresses and expect dirt cheap prices to boot. But, that's just me.

candace, whatever. I'm not discussing this any more.

tadd, grandma, you have private messages. I'm in for 5 plants, I just can't take them until a few weeks from now. see your messages for details.

Is it to late to get in on this group order?

I would love to get 2 China Dragon 4N

If I can join in please let me know and send me a PM

Thanks

Latest posts

Back