Charley O'Neill decided to open

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Grandma M

CharleyONeil7-2-07.jpg

It is not fully open yet, but I am pleased with it. I'm anxious for it to unfold a bit more, but I do like the color.

It would show off better if he was not so shy, and would not hide down in the pot. This is a first bloom on a small plant. Maybe next blooming season he will have enough courage to hold his head up a little higher.

Yes Rose, I did grow it under high light but I moved it after you said growing it under high light may make the stem so short. It's too late for this year but, hopefully, the next bloom will be better.

Thanks guys for helping me find a photo on the net. I was spelling it wrong and found several after I spelled it correctly. :poke:

Can someone explain to me the difference between leucochilum and godefroyae, or is this another example of name change?

Godfroyae and leucochilum are variants of the same species (godfroyae). The difference is that leucochilum has no spots on the pouch, while godfroyae has spots...I also think, but I'm just generalizing, that godfroyae is "whiter" while leucochilum tends towards "cream" in color...Take care, Eric

Thanks Eric, for the explanation. I was always confused about those names. Sometimes I wondered if I should change all the names to one name in my records (not the labels). Now I know there is a difference.

Latest posts

Back