Charlesworthii v. alba x self surprise

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s very nice in this day and age of our world’s health issues to have a group and individuals who appreciate the little things in life that can cause a smile.......and laughter which the shape of charlesworthii brings me. Thank you to each of you and to the website!

That is beautiful. I have been wanting one of these. Good culture. Tell us about how you grow this paph.

Good you told us about your Charles alba in spike. That a really well grown plant and the last flower from January looked great as well.

By no means an expert in growing and cultivating. Family and friends would call me an expert in purchasing.
I live in Florida, midwest coast and grow all my Paphs and Phrags outside year round on a screened-in lanai greeenhouse/pagoda. I only move Orchids inside if Hurricane winds or less than 40°F. I have multiple fans on 24-7 in summer. I use rain or RO water. And an auto misting system if temp above 80 every 2-3 hrs to keep plants cooler. Fertilize weakly weekly. My media is 1/3 perlite, 1/3 charcoal, 1/3 bark. Water every few days, never letting Phrags dry out which sit in saucers, but water flushes thru the media. All slippers are pot bound even when repot yearly.
I purchased this plant two years ago in very good growth and this will be the second time it has flowered. Compared to my standard Charlesworthii which are single or double growths, starting off with this plant that was in excellent shape and grown in my Florida conditions, I believe has led to its second time flowering for me.

Back