• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Changnienia amoena

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yijiawang

Reaction score
wanna trade
or swap Helleborus and Hepatica(horticultural species with many petals ), American Cypripedium or Phragpedium.

Changnienia amoena is of scarce kind only distributed in China. It is quite original and has dominant status in orchid classification. Its life cycle is similar with Pleione. There is a lamina of 10 centimeter and a pink flower on its pseudobulb so it is quite fit for home cultivation. In China traditional medicine, its pseudobulb can cure viper bite.

Changnienia amoena's life circle is quite similar to tulip. New leaves come out on September each year and remain in good mood during the winter. Leaves fade on May the next year. The flowers come out together with leaves on November. In winter, Changnienia amoena's bud experiences the low temperature like the others of its Cymbidium and will be into blossom on March the next year.

Nursing Changnienia amoena can refer to the way of taking care of Pleione. they share similar soil, temperature, fertilizer, water usage. Changnienia amoena can suffer the temperature as low as –2℃/37F. It enjoys scattered light, cool weather, good ventilation and well drained soil--please keep some moist when summer-dormancy. We need to make the pseudobulb live together (at least 2 bulbs ) in this way more flowers can come out.

My Email: [email protected]

Attachments

• duhualan3.jpg
    duhualan3.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 30
  • duhualan1.jpg
    duhualan1.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Where are you located? I should have some Helleborus as well as several species of Hepatica next spring. I am not interested in your Changnienia amoena though.

Ah, thank you Candace. I wasn't going to trade her though. I'm not interested in anything she is offering and have more than enough orchids to keep me going so I was simply going to just send her what she wanted that I knew for sure I would have spares of next spring... if she was in the continental US. Last thing I need is another species of orchid to learn how to care for.

Well, I take that back. If somebody waved a nice St Ouen "Sweet Ice" in front of my face I'd probably be panting and asking how far and how high to jump.

That's a new orchid for me -- it's really pretty. So delicate. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could trade freely!?

Ah, thank you Candace. I wasn't going to trade her though. Well, I take that back. If somebody waved a nice St Ouen "Sweet Ice" in front of my face I'd probably be panting and asking how far and how high to jump.

Hmmm an interesting way to get the plants you want. First you take a paperclip to trade... :evil:

Back