Changes Afoot!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Guldal

Reaction score
I overall like the new format of the site - and thanks for the info on how to opt out on the adds! ;)

Just one question: the way out from receiving the email-notifications on a daily basis is that to go to 'the person' in the header, choosing 'Privacy' and undoing the choice of:

"Receive news and update emails
You will receive a copy of emails sent by the administrator to all members of the site."

Or does this mean, that I exclude myself from some other usefull info?

Kind regards,
Jens

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
If you UNSUBSCRIBE HERE you will only effect that one email each day. It will not affect getting alert notices of PMs (conversations) and thread posts.

eggshells

Humongous Gnat
Reaction score
I haven't logged in much lately so I would like to say thank you Heather for all your hard work on this and providing us a platform to share our hobby.

TyroneGenade

mad scientist
Reaction score
Thanks, Heather, for all your hard work. While it was uncomfortable/unfamiliar at first, I am now enjoying the new look and software. I do miss the old emoticon/smilies options.

Thanks again for all your hard work. It is much appreciated.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
(That's cause Heather is really good to work with and let us know how to take care of all of you.)

TrueNorth

Reaction score
Great job handling the conversion! As a computer system developer for 30 years before I retired, I know how painful rolling out a new system can be. I missed the initial announcement, so the whole thing came as a surprise, but it was easy to figure out how to use the new software, and the answers to any questions I had were amazingly prompt and helpful.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Great job handling the conversion! As a computer system developer for 30 years before I retired, I know how painful rolling out a new system can be. I missed the initial announcement, so the whole thing came as a surprise, but it was easy to figure out how to use the new software, and the answers to any questions I had were amazingly prompt and helpful.
Thank you. We try very hard to make it easy on the members. All of us on the team that does this have been members, too.

bullsie

Reaction score
It is taking me a bit to get adjusted to the 'new' look of Slippertalk. Always have loved it and glad it is still up and running. Do wish to say, hoping the auction feature continues. I always love watching it and try to participate in some way. Seen great things through it and met wonderful people! Very delighted though, to still have Slippertalk!

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
@bullsie Heather and I will discuss the auctions, but so far we have not talked of getting rid of them.

monocotman

Reaction score
Angie,
I think I have got things to work. It was my own ineptitude that meant I couldn’t posts sequentially as I wanted.
Thanks for sorting the file size,
David

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Here is what has been negotiated:

* All current and new members will have the ability to go into their Preferences and opt-out of ads so their view will not be impaired.
I have my preferences set that way, yet I'm still getting ads.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
@Ray, are you on a phone or laptop? And have you rebooted lately? I have checked your account and see the way you have it set, and that is correct. What browser do you use?

eds

Reaction score
I get adds if I log in on my phone, but not when using my tablet bizarrely!

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
ST Supporter
Reaction score
@Ray, are you on a phone or laptop? And have you rebooted lately? I have checked your account and see the way you have it set, and that is correct. What browser do you use?
Google Chrome on an iPad.

Interestingly enough, having made no changes or rebooted (not that it makes a difference with an iPad), I have no ads this session.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Google Chrome on an iPad.

Interestingly enough, having made no changes or rebooted (not that it makes a difference with an iPad), I have no ads this session.
I ran a maintenance and maybe your iPad picked up on the ability to block the ads.

Latest posts