Chameleon babies

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, I've got a bunch, I sell them at wholesale price + shipping, I ship with "ship my reptiles" live guarantee for 10 days or your money back with return of dead reptile, I keep mine tip top!! I use insect frass as plant fertilizer, it has been beneficial!!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. I used to grow Day geckoes and Leopard geckos. I see 6 in the top photo but only 2 in the bottom. The adult male is gorgeous.

Gorgeous coloured male...and what incredible ability for camouflage, shown by the younger generation!

I too, think, I can spot 6 in the top photo - that is, unless the one in the middle, number two from below, isn't actually the leaf, that I first took it for? On the second photo I could initially only spot one, but Eric's post made me find the one with its head barely popping out from the leaves. Are there others in that photo, too?

I feed them live insects & water every other day alternating & they need a linear uv light, I already grow my orchids under lights so I just switched one of the bulbs with a uv, I keep them in same place as my orchids, can not leave them for 2 weeks

They are so adorable.
Are they easy to take care of? Do they allow you to go on vacation for at most 2 weeks?
From my experience years ago - no, and no. They are fantastic and wonderful!!! but IMO a full time job to feed them fresh healthy LIVE food.

i-n4TbQvw.jpg

Not a full time job, lights & mister can be put on timers feeding is required every other day, that requires physical attendance

I don't know man.... I water my orchid/plants every 2 days in summer, my chameleons get the same attention...insect feeders get fed once a week...not sure what you are referring to that takes up so much of your critical time?? Perhaps a hobby that doesn't include a living subject for you would be better...I breed roaches, aussie stick bugs extasoma Tiaratum, madagascar stick bugs, and crickets, they get watered every few days with my orchids and fed once a week, I gave up on grasshoppers and bsfl flies

One of my orchid society members bought a cham off me and let's it cruise around the greenhouse, he is trained to eat out of a cup, when he's hungry he goes to him, he fills the cup with feeders from the screen cage feeder bin, he eats and good to go, when he fertilizes he puts him in his cage so he doesn't get fertilized, then let's him out...what is so time consuming and difficult about that??

Back