cgmoody (PC orchids) on Ebay does NOT rock the casbah

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwester

Reaction score
Yeah, I was just a bit disappointed with these folks. First off, one of the plants was titled as Paph. Prince Edward of York on the auction, but read further on down the page and find that is is a hybrid with PEOY as one of the parents..... weak you guys, seriously weak. Then, one of the plants arrived with SEVERE rot and only a a couple stubs for roots. As a replacement, they gave me a less valuable plant in exchange. To top it all off, in my second order (which I had placed before I got the first shipment) another plant had not a single root.... WTF.

I ordered Phal Hilo Lip from them in the past, in spike. The plant was tiny with three small leaves. The spike died pretty quickly and when I repotted there were very few healthy roots. I complained and got a replacement that was no better. Will not do business again!

I get my worst plants off eBay. It's horrible, a Canadian ebaystore overcharges everything too. I gave away too much money there

I'm sure there are some good vendors in the US on eBay. There just aren't many up here

I'm sorry to hear about that. Why people will try to sell crappy plants is beyond me.

I've only ever purchased one plant off eBay, a roth x Leroy Booth seedling. It arrived in great shape. It didn't hurt that it turned out to be a cross that our very own Greenpaph made!

Overall, I've been happy with ebay (assuming I've been careful in my bidding)...sorry to hear about the Canadian dealers...at least I don't feel jealous anymore if I see parvi hybrids unavailable here....Take care, Eric

Overall my ebay purchases have gone well for orchids and bonsai. There are a couple of transaction that went sour. Most have been more than fair when I mention a defect. One seller gave me a full refund even though I was doing no more than mentioning a couple of creases in the leaves!!! Now THAT is customer service.

....I'm so jealous when I look at eBay USA so much selection there of bonsai and orchids...but I would be so bankrupted if I started bidding, I'd buy it all.

I bought a Hilo Lip seedling from them a while back. There were a few rotten roots, but plenty of good ones too, and the plant was in good shape overall, so I wasn't too worried. It's doing well now, growing very quickly.

you might consider leaving a review somewhere. As that orchid vendor review site is no longer (I even forget the name), maybe gardenwatchdog.com?

The other pet peeve I have about some ebay vendors is true of this one. They give you their schpiel and fail to take a photo of the plant they are trying to sell. For me, that is a dead giveaway. I refuse to bid on anything under these circumstances.... unless I can get a good deal and everyone else is avoiding the item... In that case, I don't feel bad buying a plant that is greatly undervalued. If the seller doesn't do all the right things, they have not earned top dollar. Always consider the feedback. That's another giveaway.

http://stores.ebay.com/orchidtn

I have bought a number of plants from this guy and really was impressed with them, though I later found out he buys and resells, I guess no big deal. Plants were very well packed, nice size, and this seller almost always show a pict of the actual plant u are bidding on, which I like, and will NO longer buy plants that are not actually pictured as being the one up for sale.

Garrie said:
http://stores.ebay.com/orchidtn

I have bought a number of plants from this guy and really was impressed with them, though I later found out he buys and resells, I guess no big deal. Plants were very well packed, nice size, and this seller almost always show a pict of the actual plant u are bidding on, which I like, and will NO longer buy plants that are not actually pictured as being the one up for sale.

Yeah, I started a thread about Kim a few days ago.

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2647

Posted the following message in regards to the above auction:

Why is your auction title so deceptive? I have noticed that you do
this quite a lot? Proclaim a Roth in bud and then have to read
further to discover it is a hybrid.

Poor form. At least put "cross" in the title.

And got the following response:

Thank you for calling this to my attention. The plant tag only contained the parentage, not the actual name of the plant.
I have amended the listing and again, thank you very much for calling this to my attention.
No deception was intended.

no, because i sent her an email and called her out on being deceptive

bwester said:
no, because i sent her an email and called her out on being deceptive

Hmmmm, totally different response to me. See above.

(I could say something but Heather would decapitate me!!!!)

Back