cell phone pictures

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

paphjoint

This is P. liemianum taken with my new cell phone ( 2meg digicam)
or is it a camera ? - well never mind
liem.jpg

So Heather : Oeceoclades calcarata is a plant from Madagascar which I fancy a lot - especially its foliage - the flower scape is about 1,5 meter but the flowers are quite insignificant - will show pictures
Marco
I can e-mail (mms) pictures - with some of kind of subscription which I did not take - In fact Found out the following day, that there's even a 3 megs camera phone!!

paphjoint said:
So Heather : Oeceoclades calcarata is a plant from Madagascar which I fancy a lot - especially its foliage - the flower scape is about 1,5 meter but the flowers are quite insignificant

Man Uri! Those petals on the liemianum sure stick straight out.

There is an Oeceoclades species that seems to be invasive in Florida (also origionally from Africa). I had a pot of it for a while, but when it bloomed, self pollinated (either that or by fire flies), popped seeds all over a corner of the GH, and started coming up in adjacent pots, I got rid of it. The spikes on it were under a foot tall.

That's a great shot, Uri!

Can you download cell phone photos into a computer? Maybe with a USB port? Or do people just send photos to each other, like text messages?

I am rather cell phone challenged, but I'd like to get a camera phone for my daughter for her birthday, so any info I can get would be helpful!!!

Thanks!

So here is the plant Oeceoclades calcarata, I actually received it as a birthday present earlier this week

Oeceoclades%20calcarata%20.jpg

dustywoman said:
That's a great shot, Uri!

Can you download cell phone photos into a computer? Maybe with a USB port? Or do people just send photos to each other, like text messages?

I am rather cell phone challenged, but I'd like to get a camera phone for my daughter for her birthday, so any info I can get would be helpful!!!

Thanks!

My cell phone ( Sony Ericsson W810) comes with a usb cable - so that you can up or download images mp3 files synchronizes agendas etc it even has a Walkman and a FM-tuner!!

Nice Paph. liemianum! Great camera phone too!

Rick said:
Man Uri! Those petals on the liemianum sure stick straight out.

There is an Oeceoclades species that seems to be invasive in Florida (also origionally from Africa). I had a pot of it for a while, but when it bloomed, self pollinated (either that or by fire flies), popped seeds all over a corner of the GH, and started coming up in adjacent pots, I got rid of it. The spikes on it were under a foot tall.

This would be Oceoclades maculata... it has naturalized quite well in Florida, and is even being found in Central and South America, and the Carribean... most are cliestagamous, but if you have enough plants in front of you at one time, you can maybe be able to pick one that actually keeps the flowers open and not self-pollinate... if you want to get rid of more, I'm open for them! =)

Oceoclades calcarata is a great species! The spikes actually get 1.5m long? I was never able to bloom mine, it just kept growing in a sand and rock mix... =( Great plant!

-Pat

Nice photos Uri!
So it seems digital camera is obsolete with these quality that built-in to the phones!

Latest posts

Back