• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Caution! Beware! Warning!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PHRAG

Was that title dramatic enough? Good. I want you to read this message.

Slippertalk.com has a free marketplace for both hobbyists and vendors to sell plants and other orchid related goods. We do not ask for donations, or a percentage of your sales, and never will. We don't try and keep track of who is selling what for that reason.

It has been brought to our attention though, that some sales are going on that even we don't know about. I want to make a couple of points very clear about sales at Slippertalk.com so both buyers and sellers know exactly what is expected of them.

We allow the public sales of orchids and related goods without regulation. You are completely free to list all legal orchid products without worry. Nobody is going to hassle you for listing orchids for sale. I know other forums are harsh in the treatment of members who try to sell things. We are not like that. I promise.

We also don't mind if you sell your items by private message. Sometimes, approaching one person is easier than approaching the entire forum. We understand that, so don't worry if you want to sell to someone using our private message system. It is allowed!

Now, here is the important part. If you feel uncomfortable being approached by someone selling something by private message, let them know that you don't want to hear from them. You have the right to tell someone not to contact you about sale items.

If a seller rips you off by private message, and then you complain after the fact, we will feel sorry for you, but there is nothing we can do about it. You should have asked about their reputation first. Buyer beware.

If someone doesn't pay for items received, post a thread about them so the rest of us can be aware of their reputation. Be honest and don't flame them though. What you post could be considered libelous unless it is a basic statement about the events that led to you being ripped off.

Ok, back to your normal programming.

Unfortunately, one of our members here has not lived up to his end of a trade/sale deal. This has gone unresolved for several months, and despite a promise that it would finally have been settled last week, it has not been. This is not the first time that this person has not lived up to his end of the bargain.

Consequently, I would urge members to think twice before purchasing from or trading plants with Patrick Mahon.

hmmm....so our resident encylopedia in the navy hasn't been up to par on his word eh? Makes me question the credibility of many of the statements that he takes has taken position on.

Last edited:
Heather,

I am so glad you brought this to everyone's attention. I advise that you get your stories correct before advertising me as a criminal.

First of all, I would like to say that I did in fact send $14 to TADD for the plant. Apparently, the money is "mysteriously" lost... very coincidental.

Second of all, Heather, I guess it should be known that you screwed me over about 3 years ago on a diseased plant. I told you from the day I got it that it was diseased. Instead, you convince countless others on another forum that I ripped you off for $12 or so, and that I would not pay you. You are correct, I would not pay you for the plant, instead, I was going to send back the muck you call an "orchid" back to you.

Then you personally invite me to come to your forum, and I explain what happened with your plant. You even admitted that it could have been diseased, as you had a fungus problem with your other plants.

Consequently, I would urge members to think twice before purchasing from or trading plants with Heather McDonald...

-P.A. Mahon

Well, this is the message I got from you last week, Pat.

Mahon said:
Heather said:
Pat,
Tadd said he still hasn't heard from you.

Heather,

Here's the scoop... I sent $14 to Tadd about 3 days after I got the plant... I should have made a money order. I am still a bit skeptical that it was lost in the mail, but I will send a Paph. violascens and $14 to Tadd tommorow afternoon.

-Pat

Did you or did you not do as you stated in that private message?
Tadd has yet to receive anything.

Marco said:
Makes me question the credibility of many of the statements that he takes has taken position on.

Marco,

I don't know what you should be questioning. Please enlighten me. It seems as if you have not been very informed, you just took half a story that you are more biased to, as you seem to have some dislike in me. I don't know what happened, but please tell me this:

Are we still going to be selling those T-shirts that say "The End Is Near"? Come one Marco... what happened?

Thank you all for your time, and thanks again Heather for bringing up a really good subject. This one is VERY interesting... :)

-P.A. Mahon

Mahon said:
Heather,

I am so glad you brought this to everyone's attention. I advise that you get your stories correct before advertising me as a criminal.

First of all, I would like to say that I did in fact send $14 to TADD for the plant. Apparently, the money is "mysteriously" lost... very coincidental.

Second of all, Heather, I guess it should be known that you screwed me over about 3 years ago on a diseased plant. I told you from the day I got it that it was diseased. Instead, you convince countless others on another forum that I ripped you off for $12 or so, and that I would not pay you. You are correct, I would not pay you for the plant, instead, I was going to send back the muck you call an "orchid" back to you.

Then you personally invite me to come to your forum, and I explain what happened with your plant. You even admitted that it could have been diseased, as you had a fungus problem with your other plants.

Consequently, I would urge members to think twice before purchasing from or trading plants with Heather McDonald...

-P.A. Mahon

Don't you get sick of smelling crap, cause you sure spew out a lot of it

Heather said:
Did you or did you not do as you stated in that private message?
Tadd has yet to receive anything.

Heather,

You see, I decided to recant my decision to do so. I instead have sent along Paph. javanicum and a Paph. vietnamense, as my Paph. violascens are not doing well right now...

Like I said, get the story correct. :)

-Pat

Mahon said:
Heather,

You see, I decided to recant my decision to do so. I instead have sent along Paph. javanicum and a Paph. vietnamense, as my Paph. violascens are not doing well right now...

Like I said, get the story correct. :)

-Pat

Did you send it ground with no packing like the plants you sent to another of our members last year?
I don't like people screwing over my friends, Mahon. :)

I told you a week ago I would post this if Tadd did not receive something last week, and your week is up. This has been going on since at least August.

lienluu said:
Don't you get sick of smelling crap, cause you sure spew out a lot of it

:confused: I am confused... I haven't had diarrhea in a long time... please do relate to me how I spew out excretements.

Also, please point out to me where I am incorrect or remotely wrong in my posting... perhaps you, also, are biased towards Heather?

Let this also be known, I have silently forgiven Heather for the plant she sent me... I do not care to even hold grudges... not enough time and it's too stupid, especially on the internet. Come on now, let me cyber-kick your face in.

-Pat

Personally I've had pleasant experiences dealing with Heather even 2 months after when I told her the paph. phil. album I recieved from her bit the dust due to rot, which I believ was mainly on my part. She was willing to make amends for it even well after 14 day which seems to be the general rule of thumb for return for most vendors I've seen. I also know that there are several other people you've hosed on this forum, nice people some of whom I have had the pleasure of meeting, that have been hosed by you my dear Mr. Mahon. People that I know will not speak up for the mishap and are willing to let the incident part rather than causing a commotion about the matter. If you are so defensive on the accusation measures should've been taken to make amends of the matter. I've kept silent on the matter watching people feel sorry for you because of the guise you use of "I'm Mr. Innocent who is in boot camp so feel sorry for me" I have nothing to hide and yes I do mean to be offensive. I don't know what kind of insecurities, gripes or grudges you have welled up in the deep recesses of your soul that brought about the narrowminded perspective of the little Mahon truth bubble that you live in. Whatver it is obviously it wasn't stamped out during your training. You can shove the Mr. Innocent act up your ass because it's not sliding by me nor should it slide with the other uninformed members here. People need to be aware of this stuff before they get hosed.

Good luck in the real world. I can't wait till your ass gets chewed up in the dog eat dog society we live in.

Pat, there was nothing wrong with the plant I sent you, and your mother finally paid me for it. End of story. Our transaction, Patrick, is water under the bridge, you're the one who keeps bringing it up here. I'm talking here about your trend of not honoring deals you make with people. Kevin had an issue, Jane had an issue, I had an issue, all around the same time, summer of '05. Now Tadd has similar issues.

Don't agree to trade if you aren't going to deliver. Simple as that.

Finally, I am pretty sure that people who have purchased plants from me have been happy. If not, I hope they would be honest and let me know.

Heather said:
Did you send it ground with no packing like the plants you sent to another of our members last year?
I don't like people screwing over my friends, Mahon. :)

I told you a week ago I would post this if Tadd did not receive something last week, and your week is up. This has been going on since at least August.

Heather,

I cannot think of a time that I sent a plant with no packing... where did you pull this one from? :rollhappy:

If anything, I have been screwed over, counting the other forum, 3 times now. I sent the stupid money, I actually do not know if TADD got it or not, but it was sent. Perhaps I should have hand delivered the $14 to him...

You did in fact tell me a week ago... keep on posting though :)

TADD, I hope you enjoy your Paph. javanicum and Paph. vietnamense... sorry I have school, work, and sleep and did not tell you earlier...

-Pat

Mahon said:
TADD, I hope you enjoy your Paph. javanicum and Paph. vietnamense... sorry I have school, work, and sleep and did not tell you earlier...

-Pat

Three months this has been going on. Now you're saying you didn't have time? But you have had plenty of time to ramble on at several forums on the environment. And though you told me you'd contact Tadd you never did. Unbelievable! :rolleyes:

Come on, dude, just make it right!

There is way too much going on here. it seems a flame out is occuring-both of you need to move on, do not do any business with each other again. Character is revealed over time, actions begun in anger end in shame. Whoever is telling the truth and whoever is lying knows this and will reap their consequences. This reminds me of all the BS that got OGRES closed and what a loss that was to all.

Patrix,

I appreciate your opinions and concern, however, I also cannot condone people on my forum getting screwed in business deals by fellow members. The administrators of this forum decided when it was first brought to our attention several months ago that should this most recent issue not be resolved in a timely matter, Mahon would be treated as any other vendor who did not deliver.

If you didn't receive a plant you paid for, I would imagine and encourage you to tell others about your negative experience.

Heather said:
Patrix,

I appreciate your opinions and concern, however, I also cannot condone people on my forum getting screwed in business deals by fellow members. The administrators of this forum decided when it was first brought to our attention several months ago that should this most recent issue not be resolved in a timely matter, Mahon would be treated as any other vendor who did not deliver.

If you didn't receive a plant you paid for, I would imagine and encourage you to tell others about your negative experience.

What part of the "money was sent" didn't come clear? And do take heed, that I am clearing up the deal with plants worth excess of $100... sounds like a pretty damn good deal, no? Perhaps it should be encouraged for people to buisness with me, keep the cash and not tell me, and then complain... you may just end up with one of my Paph. sangii! :)

Heather, I don't think I want to waste my breathe on our little situation. You and I know the truth, we have the emails and all. Your right, water under a bridge... If you and I have problems with each other, I ask you to take the appropriate action of just deleting my account. I don't think Jane had any problems, I just talked with her about the plant I sold her, and she is very happy with her Paph. Thomas Fourman... it is blooming 2 flowers and another bud is coming... but Jane, if I did cause a problem, once again, sorry. Kevin, this guy was not understanding what I was talking about on shipping... the plant was very suceptible to dying when being shipped at that time... it needed maybe another week or so to strengthen the new growth (it is VERY brittle)... I sent it to him the time he wanted it... perhaps it is dead though.

Marco, I don't know what your problem is, but I find it VERY unnesecary to threaten me on public forum and chat... I have kept screenshots of everything discussed... I don't know if you are PMS'ing or what, but take care of it. You don't need to tell me again I am "a dumb ****"... don't worry, I already know buddy, I already know... please only email me to resolve an issue... though I don't know what issue there is? :confused:

For the record also, I usually just give plants away. It is rare for me to sell any... I usually gift them to friends and real orchid growers... if you want a piece of something I am growing, just ask me. I don't care who you are, you can be Zach, Heather, Tadd, Marco, Jesus, I really don't care... :)

-Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back