• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Caution! Beware! Warning!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pat,
Weren't we talking about this the other week? When you lose credibility with trusting people, they no longer give you the benefit of the doubt if something actually goes wrong accidently. That said, you're not doing much for your cause by continuing these negative moments of truth and blaming everyone else for them. I hope all goes well, some of the nicest and most trusting people I have ever met seem to see you as the exception to their kindness and that should speak volumes about how you are perceived from past actions.

I've gotten a few plants from Heather and all were way more than I paid for or traded for and sent on blind faith. Trying to smear her name in defense of your own wrong doing is pretty shamefull and I will stand up for her credibility. Insinuating Tadd of dishonesty, especially over such a petty amount of money, is especially skeptical and maybe if you had a little higher credibility I would believe the mail lost it...

I hope you are being truthful about making amends with it. Actions speak much louder than words, and anyone can say they're doing something. You will always be judged much less on what you say than what you do.

Hope that didn't come off as an attack or a flame, it wasn't meant to be.

Jon
________
3/15

Last edited:
Patrick,

I tried telling you this weeks ago, but you didn't listen.

Patrick has been involved in events both on this forum, and behind the scenes that have caused much frustration with the members of this board, and I for one think it's time Patrick had to answer to them.

I can't believe a word you say Patrick. Why?

Well for starters, you have a tendency to pull facts out of the air, and many times, they aren't at all believable. Sometimes they are downright wrong but most of the time just misguided. We aren't talking about theories here. If you had a theory, and it was proven wrong, I would respect you. But you talk like you are the expert in taxonomy or science or culture that I know you can't possibly be at your age. Consider yourself lucky because there are REAL taxonomists and scientists out there who would shake you silly if you tried this crap with them.

Stop searching google for half a paragraph of data and trying to pass it off as if you know what you are talking about. We can smell that from a mile away. Dangers in foreign countries, global warming, and orchid discovery. All topics we have been treated to you posting about, with what appears to be factual information well researched by you. But often your posts contain multiple errors, or is just regurgitated half-knowledge you found on the internet. So why shoud we believe anything you say?

Then there was the infamous website you created where you posted what appeared to be a scientific paper you co-authored with Olaf Gruss about the discovery of an orchid named after you. Now, you say this was just practice, but I happen to believe you posted this on MySpace because you wanted to impress people who didn't know enough about it to know it was fake. That's a forgivable mistake, but you should remember this in the future because Mr. Gruss did not find it at all amusing when it was revealed to him. Re-read my statement above about REAL taxonomists shaking you silly before you do this again.

Then I find out that you have this issue with another member of the forum, where you say you sent money and it was lost in the mail. Again, I can believe this could happen, but not with you. Because I found out you have a history of delaying payment, or the shipping of orchids after you agreed to a deal with forum members. Most of this was old news from the other forum, but the people involved are people I respect. And there wasn't just one person who told me a similiar story. You may try to discredit one of them, but attacking all three would be foolish on your part.

And now here we are, weeks and weeks after I first heard there might be a problem. Weeks and weeks after I made the post that started this thread, which was a subtle hint trying to warn you that you had better make the situation right, and yet you didn't listen. Now, what could have been a simple mistake has turned into one more reason for us to not believe a word that comes out of your head. You had all this time to do the right thing and now we wait patiently for those plants you sent to appear. One more thing on this subject. You said you already sent Tadd the plants. So they should have a postmarked date of before November 5th, 2006. I am going to ask Tadd when he gets the package to share with me the date they were mailed. Honesty is revealed in the simplest of ways.

So now you wonder if I have some grudge against you. The answer is no. I wonder, if the situations I just mentioned were cleared up with you coming forward and admitting what really happened and apologizing if need be, how much better your relationship with this forum could be. I personally want to see you come out of this with the ability to earn the respect you seem to want from people here.

Nobody is deleting your account. NOBODY. You are just as welcome here today as you were when this forum started. Anyone has a problem with that, they can come to me. For some stupid reason, I still hold out hope that one of these days all this mess will clear up and you will become a valued contributor here. Time will tell.

Message deleted by forum admin Phrag. This is your first warning: forum rules prohibit namecalling or verbally abusing another forum member.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am shutting down this thread, for the simple fact that I don't believe it's going to solve anything. Mahon knows what he has done, and now all of you see why multiple members of this board are so very frustrated. That frustration just keeps building, so before someone says something they are going to regret, let's cool it down a little. Mahon, you have my email address [email protected] if you feel the need to work these things out, I am glad to help you with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back