Caulocattleya Chantilly Lace

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron-NY

Reaction score
Not blooming as prolific this year but this is the first growth since repotting. I have removed the other flowers from the spike for I wanted to conserve energy. I put Rhyn. glauca onto this and have done the reverse as well.

chantLace.jpg

Ron, the flower does look a bit like haven had a café chantilly with some cognac inside:D ,but the color combination is extreme!! Jean

The title got my attention! What is this?
WOW!! I do believe I like the bolder one better! (although I'd take either!)

I love this hybrid. It is (Cattleya El Dorado Splash X Caularthron bicornutum)Looks like the 'Twinkle' HCC/AOS clone. The second one Ron-NY posted is typical for the clone. It is also has the magic trio combo of
1)fragrance
2) compact grower and
3) (ours) blooms 2-3 times a year!
A must haver IMO. Oak Hill used to have them???

-Ernie

It is definitely one that will remain in my collection. I wonder what the offspring with glauca will look like. Glauca in known to increase lip size and give substance to it's offspring. I am hoping Chantilly Lace will pass on it's color and spotting. If you notice, the anther cap is already off and the crosses have been made.

Jean, normally the flower's color is not as bold I think it was stressed a bit from the repotting. Here is last year's bloom

Oah, that must have been a huge display with 'cool' colors. But I like the 'warm' coloring of this year's bloom, too!! Jean

Latest posts

Back